Chapter 51 - Finally Feeling Free

Sniffling, (Y/N) wiped her tears with her sleeve, exhaling a visible puff of air. After telling the team her story and having a little sob fest, they slowly began to leave the gym one by one.

Both Kageyama and Hinata decided to stay in the gym a little later to practice and Yachi volunteered to watch over them. (Y/N) insisted she could do it, but after the cry fest, Yachi forced her to get home since she needed to rest.

'Damn, I never knew someone so small and cute could be so scary.' (Y/N) shuddered, recalling Yachi's aura and stern tone. 'Note to self, never get on her bad side.'

"Oh well," she mumbled, taking out her phone and seeing that Momoi had sent her the game between Aomine and Ryouta. "I guess I'll watch this once I get back home."

"(Y/N)!" she heard someone shout her name, making the blond turn around to see Yachi running towards her. "Help!"

"What's wrong?" she asked, rushing over to her when she noticed the tears building up in Yachi's eyes. "It's Hinata and Kageyama! They're fighting."

(Y/N) put her hands on Yachi's shoulders. "Listen Yachi. Go catch up to Ryu-senpai and ask him for help while I'll deal with them."

"O-Okay!"

With that, the two ran in different directions, Yachi running to get Tanaka while (Y/N) was sprinting to the gym. 

'Those idiots! To think they'd actually start a physical fight!' She slid the doors open. "Shoyo, Tobio!" There the two were, fighting as they were throwing punches at each other. "Break it up you two!" She was ignored and (Y/N) ran towards Kageyama to hold him back. "Guys-"

Kageyama's elbow made contact with (Y/N)'s cheek, causing her to stumble back from the unexpected hit. He didn't seem to notice though because he was still fighting with Hinata. Slowly, (Y/N)'s hand touched her cheek before turning into a fist.

"Oi you two..." She walked up to both of them, grabbing their wrists which surprised them. "I said break it up!"

Tanaka and Yachi ran into the gym expecting the fight to still be occurring and (Y/N) in the middle of it.

What they didn't expect though was for both of the volleyball players to be on the floor groaning as (Y/N) was standing between them with her arms crossed and a bruise forming on her face.

"(Y-Y/N)!" Yachi and Tanaka shouted, running towards the girl. "Are you okay?!"

"Ah? Yeah I'm fine," she replied, uncrossing her arms as she bent down to let Yachi touch her cheek.

"A bruise is already forming, we need to put ice on it!"

"You idiots!" Tanaka yelled, glaring down at the two. "Not only did you two fight, but you also injured (Y/N)! Teammates don't do that to each other."

"It's fine." (Y/N) sighed. "Ryu-senpai, take Tobio home. Yachi you take Shoyo."

"What about you (Y/N)?" Tanaka asked worriedly.

She faked a smile. "Don't worry about me, I'll be alright."

'What a liar.'

The next day, (Y/N) had to put a gauze on her bruise cheek to hide the blueish-black injury. It was fairly obvious that she was avoiding Kageyama and Hinata, but most of all everyone could see that her personality was different.

She was no longer smiling all the time and her eyes seemed more tired, colder. She was finally showing her true self to them and the team was happy that she was now being herself. But, they all had a goal in mind to make her genuinely smile and love sports again.