Chapter 62 - Miyagi Finals, Karasuno vs Shiratorizara

October 27.

It was finally time for the final showdown. The championship match to determine which team would move on to Nationals.

"Sawamura!" The boys turned around to see the girls volleyball team. "We came to cheer you on!" Michimiya Yui, the captain said with a bright smile. "Wow! You guys making it to the finals is even wowier than wow! It's amazing!"

"So is your vocabulary."

"Wait, what about your face?! There's a bruise!" Michimiya gasped.

"That kinda happened yesterday. It's not nearly as bad as it looks, so don't worry," Daichi replied as Suga pushed a confused Asahi away from the scene.

"Um, well, here!" she blushed, holding up a charm to him. "This is... It's not just for you or from me or anything. I mean, it's for all of you guys, and it's from all of us or something, so um..."

"Ooh?! Thanks!" Daichi took it from her. "I'll make sure to put it on the bench! We'll be counting on your support!"

Michimiya saluted. "Leave it to us!" She smiled.

(Y/N) grinned, nudging Suga. "Young love, am I right?" He snorted.

"Do you really need to use the toilet, Hinata?"

"I went already!"

"Sho-chan!" Hinata turned around, surprised.

"I-! Izumin! Kouji!" He exclaimed happily. Tanaka looked confused at the new arrivals. "Oh! In middle school, they were...n't part of the volleyball club, but they're friends who helped out when we played a match!"

"I was part of the basketball club," Izumin pointed out.

"The soccer club for me," Kouji clarified.

"No wonder I thought your footwork was good!" Before Kouji could reply to Tanaka, he flinched, looking over Hinata's shoulder.

"Th...?! THAT GUY...?!" He was staring at Kageyama who looked confused at being called out. "Why is he here?!"

"That's exactly what I said on the first day, too. Well, y'see, he's also got his reasons..."

"Hey! Quit lagging behind!" Kageyama yelled at the ginger and Hinata waved his friends goodbye.

"Good luck!" "Thanks!"

"His emails only talked about what he was up to..."

"Who would have thought they'd be reunited..."

"Alright," Daichi began. "Once we drop off our bags upstairs we'll immediately-" he suddenly came to a halt, and Suga bumped into his back.

"Ow! What are you doing?" Then, he saw him.

"I hope they didn't just make it to the finals by fluke though!" An older male with black hair wearing a red hat and green zip up jacket grumbled, looking around.

The third years had flashbacks of this man.

"Haahhh... Karasuno's sure hit rock bottom."

'The guy from back then...!'

"That sideburns geezer came again, huh?" Ukai suddenly mumbled.

Daichi looked back at the coach in shock. "You know him?!"

"He's been coming from time to time for a while now," he explained. "Doesn't seem like he's a parent, so I guess he's just a fan of high school volleyball who's partial to Karasuno. When he thinks a play was well done, he cheers, for the opposite, he boos. He's always been easy to understand."