Chapter 36 - Run with the Wind

"WE'RE GOING RIGHT?!" Takeda shouted, slamming the gym doors open, shocking everyone.

"Where?" Hinata asked, confused.

"Your nose is bleeding!" Kageyama commented, concerned. He was ignored.

"TOKYO!"

"Tokyo?" Hinata yelled out. "By Tokyo, do you mean Nekoma?!"

"We're going to have a practice match?"

Takeda cheekily smiled. "But this time, it won't just be with Nekoma. It's with the Fukurodani Academy group. As a group made up of several schools in Kanto, including Nekoma, they apparently conduct rigorous practice matches like on a regular basis, but this time thanks to Coach Nekomata, Karasuno's also going to be allowed to participate in their joint matches!" Takeda announced, making everyone shout. "(Y/N) also put in a few words in to get us into the group, whatever those two said must have been really positive for us to get invited."

"Groups like that have always been made up of guys who seem to have built up connections between them, so unrelated parties aren't allowed so easily... You guys should be really thankful to Coach Nekomata and (Y/N)," Ukai said with crossed arms. "And to the persistent requests of your sensei, of course."

"I really didn't have anything to do with it! I mean just dropping the nme "Coach Ukai" and "Kise (Y/N)" is enough to..." Takeda shakily replied, using rapid hand motions.

"THANKS!"

The two adults looked at the scene of the excited boys in front of them, smiling. 'Thank goodness for (Y/N) and her connections.' Takeda and Ukai thought to themselves, smiling while internally freaking out about how many strong connections the young girl actually has.

"Over the past few years, we've ended up growing estranged from the schools in our prefecture with which we'd previously been on good terms. Additionally, there are many schools where coaches who were friendly with Coach Ukai back in the day have since changed. We definitely have to make the most of this opportunity!" Takeda explained.

"YESS!" Daichi and Suga screamed.

"So I'll be able to... see that setup up close again, will I." Kageyama evilly grinned, sending shivers down Hinata's spine.

"This time I'll really come through on the defense!" Noya declared.

"OOOOOOOOOOOH! I'M GONNA BUST ON INTO THAT CITY BOY ALLIANCE!" Tanaka shouted, determined and pumped.

Tsukishima and Yamaguchi held their snickers. "City boy... alliance-!"

"This time, for sure! I'll slam it past them!" Hinata yelled out.

"Well, their Interhigh Preliminaries are this weekend, so this whole thing won't be happening right away. We still have to accept their invitation, and there's the matter of getting various parties' consent and the like. We'll go over all the fine details later," Takeda said, raising his hands up. "Anyway, what do you all think...?"

"That's a no brainer," Daichi replied.

"WE'LL GO!" Takeda smiled.

Hinata turned around, whipping his head with a bright smile. "(Y/N) thank you for getting us into this!"

...

Silence.

"Eh?" Everyone turned around, looking around for the blond hair girled. "(Y/N)?"

"Speaking of which, where is (Y/N)?" Ukai asked, looking around as well. "Is she not here?"

"She should be..." Suga muttered and glanced over at Kageyama. "Was (Y/N) in class?"