Chapter 13 - Finals (Part 2)

Kageyama was up to serve, spinning the ball around in between his palms. It was still the first set, the score 23-20 surprisingly in favor of Karasuno. Well it was mostly thanks to (Y/N) receiving Ushijima's spikes. It was all part of the plan that they had come up with the day before.

"Don't block Ushijima, give him an open path so I can have a clear view of his spikes... Don't worry, leave his spikes to me, We are going to win that first set. Alright?"

What a dumbass, Kageyama thinks to himself as the whistle blows and he serves the ball strongly. He clicks his tongue when the ball hits Reon straight on.

"Got it! Eita!" Reon shouted and got the ball up, flying over to Semi.

Semi got into position and set it to Tendou. "Tendou!" he shouted and Tendou jumped into the air.

Kaito and Yuki jumped up in the air to block him, Amu shifting over to receive a cross while Kagera moved behind the two to be able to dive for a feint if needed. Tendou gritted his teeth and spiked the ball against the block, making it a one touch.

"(Y/N)!" the two shouted at her and (Y/N) ran over to receive the ball. "I got it!"

She bumped the ball over to Tobio and Yuki and Kaito took a few steps back from the next before running up to jump. Kagera then ran to the other side, jumping for a back attack. Who is he going to set to?! Semi thought to himself only for the ball to be spiked right by him. The whistle blew making the gym silent. Semi's eyes widened as he looked at the ball rolling on the ground behind him.

"What???!!!"

"What the hell was that?!"

"How did she do that?!"

The team then looked over at (Y/N) who landed onto the ground with grace. She held a smile on her face as she shouted with her teammates, them crowding her and roughing her up.

"Nice kill (Y/N)! (Y/N)!" the bleachers roared making the girl flush a little.

"EHHHH??? How did (Y/N)-chan do that?!" Tendou shrieked and Kageyama and (Y/N) smugly smirked internally.

What they did was a freak quick back attack, something that they knew Shiratorizawa would not expect. While they were focused on the three incoming spikers, they did not notice (Y/N) crossing paths with Kagera to go to his side while he went to hers. They wouldn't have expected something like that coming from (Y/N) or Karasuno in general.

"Get another nice serve Tobio!" the girl shouted and bent down, placing her hands on her knees. I want water, she thought to herself as the ball flew over the net.

One of the third years she did not know was able to get the ball up, but it was completely off from their setter, Semi which made Tendou have to set the ball. Using his lankly and nimble arms he set the ball up high to Ushijima. Ushijima jumped into the air and whipped his arm back, smacking the ball hard against his palm.

"Uh-oh~ that one sounded stronger than the others," Kagera commented as he rolled out of the way for (Y/N).

(Y/N) now stood in his place and the ball hit against her forearms which were red from the amount of times she received his strong spikes and serves. "Upsy daisy!" she shouted and flung the ball upward. "Sorry Tobio, it's a bit off."

"It's perfect," he replied and ran under the ball, setting it to Yuki. Yuki jumped up in the air only to have Tendou in front of him. He moved his arm back to hit a feint and the ball went over Tendou. Tendou smirked as Yuki's eyes widened when he saw Leon receive the ball. The ball went up and Semi quickly set the ball to the other third year in the front, spiking it down in between Amu and Kagera, making the Shiratorizawa bleachers cheer for the team.