Chapter 47 - First Year (1)

"Morning Shogo," (Y/N) greeted and the grey haired male yawned, plopping down in the seat next to hers.

"(Y/N)." Haizaki placed his head on his desk. "I'm so tired. Wake me up when the teacher comes in."

She saluted, smirking. "Yes sir."

"Kise-san," a quiet voice spoke up, making (Y/N) jolt in her seat and bang her knee against her desk. She looked over to see Kuroko standing in front of her.

"Hey Tetsuya!" she smiled, rubbing her cheek with a finger. "You scared me there. I really need to get used to your low presence thing. Also! Didn't I tell you to call me (Y/N)."

"Sorry (Y/N)-san." She frowned. "I mean (Y/N). I just wanted to ask if you finished the book I recommended."

"Oh yeah!" She rummaged through her bag and pulled out a book, handing it towards him. "I finished it yesterday and it was really good! I loved the plot twist with how the mastermind was actually the old man instead of an outside player."

Kuroko smiled slightly. "I agree. It was an unexpected twist that made the ending much better."

"Anyways~! How's basketball coming for you?" she asked, placing her chin on her hand.

"I'm still in the third-string."

"But you enjoy playing though, right?"

"Mhm. I love basketball." "Me too!"

"If you want Tetsuya, we can practice together," (Y/N) suggested and Kuroko could only blink. "I mean, it's much better than practicing after school by yourself."

"I don't want to trouble you (Y/N). You're always busy with your sports clubs already and I don't want to take up any of your extra free time."

(Y/N) reached over and ruffled his light blue hair. "Ah-" "It's fine Tetsuya!" She grinned. "If I can help you improve then that's all that matters. Besides! It just means I get to play more of the sport I love."

"Then..." Kuroko bowed slightly. "I'll be in your care."

"Yes! I finally got a student! Call me (Y/N)-sensei!"

"No."

The door slid open and their teacher came in, causing everyone to rush to their seats. (Y/N) looked at Haizaki sleeping next to her, grabbed his hair, and pulled.

"OW! What the hell (Y/N)?!"

"Haizaki-kun please stop shouting so early in the morning."

"Tch. Sorry sensei." Haizaki then glared at (Y/N) and mouthed, "I'll get payback."

She cheekily grinned and mouthed back, "Bring it."

"(N/N) are we going to eat together today?" Ryouta asked and his twin shook her head.

"I'm eating with some other friends today," she replied and grabbed her bento. "I was going to eat with Yuni, Yona, and the others, but they said that they wanted to eat with you. Besides, Satsuki and Daiki asked me to eat with them on the roof today!"

Ryouta pursed his lips, his eyes were calculating as he stared at the smiling (Y/N) and her friends behind her that were blushing and shyly grinning at him. Ryouta gave a closed eye smile, clenching his fists. "Okay-ssu! Then we can eat together next time!"

"Right! Well see ya Ryo." She then turned to her friends. "I'll see you guys at practice later."

"Bye (Y/N)-chan!" "See ya (N/N)."