Chapter 46 - (Y/N)'s Past, Teiko Days

After saying our goodbyes to the other teams and our friends, we headed towards the bus. I reluctantly bid the beautiful god known as Akashi, the hyperactive Bokuto, and the pretty chill Konoha, my goodbyes (we happily exchanged numbers). Kuroo ruffled my hair to which I kicked him, Yaku gave me a highfive and applauded my good work. I was able to steal a hug from Kenma and I was able to say goodbyes to the other boys as well (Taketora broke down crying so Inuoka and Fukunaga had to cheer him up). Lev, who I talked to once, bowed to me and looked at me with sparkly admiration eyes which scared me so I ran for the hills. Also, the other managers and I exchanged numbers too.

Giving my Gramps one last hug, I walked into the bus and took the seat next to Hinata since tensions were still high between him and Kageyama. 'In the end... Hinata and Kageyama still haven't said a word to each other all afternoon. Let's just hope they start talking again before we go back to the camp.'

"Okay good work everyone! ("Thanks!") So, as I already mentioned, they're going to do maintenance work on the gymnasiums tomorrow, so we'll be taking a break from club activities. Well, you guys haven't had any time off since the Interhigh Preliminaries, so be sure to rest up," Takeda said and the boys thanked him once again.

They were about to leave, but I quickly stopped them. "Um! Excuse me guys!" I shouted and they all stopped walking towards the door, looking back at me with curious expressions. It was nerve racking for me to take the next step, but Kiyko placed a hand on my shoulder and Yachi grabbed my hand, they both smiled at me in encouragement.

"Is something wrong (Y/N)?" Asahi asked me and I bit my lip, nodding slightly.

"Well... uh..."

"You got this (Y/N)!" Yachi cheered and Kiyoko nodded.

Taking a deep breath, I stared at the group. "I was wondering if I could tell you all... about my past at Teiko." Kiyoko squeezed my shoulder as a sign to continue. I fidgeted. "Uh, you see... well... I want to change... And I think that the only way I can move forward from my past self and change is to tell my story to you guys... cuz..." I blushed. "You're my team..."

It was silent for a moment as I stared at their blank faces. Then, tears erupted from Noya and Tanaka's eyes. "(Y/N)!!!!!" The two cried, rubbing their eyes.

"T-To think you would tell us about your past!" Noya cried out.

"D-don't worry, we won't ever judge you! We're so happy that you trust us!" Tanaka said and the boys nodded in agreement.

My eyes widened and I looked down, my face blushing red. "T-Then! Make a circle so I can tell you all about my past." The boys started to form a circle and the girls sat on both of my sides for comfort. "My past... Is certainly going to be different than you think... It's not that happy and I'm afraid to let this story out to you guys... But I want to change and both Kiyoko and Yachi gave me courage to tell you guys about it."

"Don't worry kid, we won't judge you at all for your past," Ukai said and took a seat down next to Daichi. "Especially not this group of idiots." They made various sounds of offense.

"You're one to talk, old man." "Oi!" "Nice Tsuki."

"Ha! Well I still hope you all can accept me after this, the true me." I looked around at the boys who were staring at me, urging me to continue. I took a deep breath, recalling the memories. "My past at Teiko... It was the start of my story, the end of the sweet, innocent, happy-going naive girl to the beginning - the birth of a monster hiding behind a mask."

Teiko Middle School - 3 Years Ago

"Ryo I'm so excited!" a young (Y/N) cheered, tugging on his arm as they stood at the gates of Teiko Middle School.