Chapter 1 - ~Team 3~

It has been a month and a half since school started and I'm currently playing in a school event volleyball tournament where different schools are involved and I am on the team representing Karasuno. I moved to Miyagi by myself and I've been attending Karasuno Highschool. Living alone is tough, but I love having my own place and not having to deal with my loud, older twin brother Ryouta, who is attending Kaijo. I will miss my friends from the basketball team, although I didn't play with them I still went to their games and befriended them because of Ryouta, though I did help manage them from time to time when Satsuki needed help. Unlike them, I don't have a passion for sports, yeah I'm good at them, but I'm lazy and if I have a choice to relax or play a sport, I would rather relax. However, it looks like I am going to have to try and play a sport, volleyball. How did I get into this situation? 

Well let's go back a week ago.

"(Y/N)!" a girl's voice shouted and I gulped. "Today is the day you join the tennis club!"

"No way!" another voice shouted. "She's joining basketball!"

A cluster of voices yelled at each other shouting about different clubs I should join. Using their distraction as a chance, I ran out of my classroom and started running through the halls. It has been a month since school started and I've gained a lot of popularity due to my nice, easy-going attitude and good athletic abilities. I'm quite popular with my peers and I'm fine with that, but it's kind of annoying considering I want time for myself to relax. The sport clubs are desperate to get new first years with good athletic abilities and that's where I come in. However I refuse to join a club! I want ME time and sports clubs are too much work!

I soon stopped running and stopped in front of the vending machine near the gym. Taking a deep breath of air I sighed, when would they stop pestering me? Opening my wallet I inserted coins into the machine and I decided to get some chocolate milk. Clicking the button the chocolate milk fell out, but I seemed to be lucky and two drinks fell out instead of one.

"Lucky!" I said aloud as I bent down to grab my drinks. Turning around I see a guy's chest. Looking up I see my classmate, Kageyama Tobio with his usual resting face.

"Ah. (Y/N)-san," he said and I pouted.

"Just (Y/N) is fine Tobio," I replied with a smile. "Are you going to get milk?" He nodded. "Here, I got lucky and got an extra."

I held out the extra chocolate milk and he looked down at it. "Are you sure I can have it?" he asked and I laughed.

"Course Tobio, go on and take it, I don't need two of 'em"

"Thanks (Y/N)," he mumbled and at the same time we both took a sip from our drinks.

We walked side by side in silence as we drank from our drinks. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was a pleasant kind. Tobio wasn't the best around girls and was socially awkward, I could tell, but I managed to warm up to him like I did with everyone else in my class.

"How's volleyball going?" I asked him and his blue eyes seemed to sparkle.

"We are having a practice match tomorrow against Seijoh," he answered with a determined look plastered on his face. "I'm going to do my best. Hinata and I have this freak quick which will get by their blockers easily."

I hummed at his answer. He never said 'we' which reminded me of the GOM back in our third year of middle school. "Hmm, I might go seeing that you look really excited."

He quickly turned to me. "You are going to come?"

"Why? Don't want me to?" I replied with a teasing voice.