Chapter 61 - Remember Oikawa's Pride

"Push em back, push em back, Seijoh!"

"Go go Seijoh! Go go Seijoh!"

"I'm sure you've heard this plenty of times, but serve aggressively. As for their #10, we can't always stop him from scoring, but hedge him in and keep the ball in the air," Coach Irihata said.

"Right!"

He smiled, looking at his boys. "You guys are strong."

"Let's do this!" Oikawa shouted as they huddled up.

"Yeaaah!!!"

"Anyway! Don't let Oikawa do as he pleases with that serve!" Ukai ordered. "Just get it in the air somehow! At that point, someone else will cover it!"

"Right!"

"Let's do this," Daichi announced, glancing at his teammates. "We absolutely must surpass Aoba Johsai. Karasuno, fight!"

"YEAAAH!"

"Go for it, Asahi!" "Hit em hard!"

Asahi was up to serve first in the final set. He bounced the ball against the ground three times before the whistle was heard. Throwing the ball up in the air he ran up, bending his knees and jumping high to do a jump serve.

"Kyotani!" The bi-colored haired male lunged down low, bringing his arms out to get the ball up and quickly in response, Iwaizumi spiked the ball down that was sent to him past Kageyama and Daichi was unable to receive it.

"Aoba Johsai's taken the lead!"

"Way to go Hajime! Push em back Hajime! One more!"

"Hit em hard, Oikawa-san!!" His fans cheered as he got ready to serve and both Noya and Daichi straightened their backs.

Tweet.

Suga clenched his fists. 'We can't let them pull into the lead right from the start. Please... take it back in one go...!'

Doing a powerful jump serve, it went flying towards Asahi who let out a grunt when the ball hit against his arms, falling to the ground. 'What's with that speed! I couldn't react fast enough, even though it came tight to me!'

"Kyotani, direct spike!" Kyotani jumped into the air, spiking it down before Asahi could get back up and before Tsukishima could block him.

"Nice kill!"

"Way to go Kentaro! Push em back Kentaro! One more!"

Oikawa smirked. 'Alright. Mad Dog-chan's engine is all fired up...!'

(Y/N) leaned forward, scratching her cheek. 'Hajime-senpai has both power and technique. Number 16's attacks are deadly and even as a decoy he's extremely dangerous. And they've already started scoring with Tooru-senpai's serve... We have to break through somewhere or we'll be crushed. Both sides are highly skilled and that in itself is a source of contention. If the balance of your side is disrupted even a little, it'll be fatal.' "Aw man, this set is going to get me stressed out."

Oikawa did another jump serve and Daichi dived forward to get it up. "Alright!"

"Cover it!" "Tanaka-san!"

Jumping up, Tanaka spiked the ball set from Kageyama against Kyotani's arm and it flew out.

"YESSS!" Tanaka cheered loudly.

"Nice kill Tanaka!"

Tanaka then glanced at Kentaro and the two seemed to glare at each other, something Tsukishima took note of as he walked by.