Chapter 13: Keefe

A/N: Thanks for 327 reads!!

Keefe rushed to Fitz's house.  (He doesn't  live in Everglen anymore). Keefe threw his cape before Fitz's gates opened.  I will win Sophie after I win Fitz first

"Hey buddy!" Keefe said to Fitz when he got in.  He flashed a smile. 

Fitz smiled his movie star smile back. "Hey! Long time no see!" They slapped each others back, but then got to business again. 

"So. About Sophie," Keefe said, making sure no one else was near to listen to their conversation. 

Fitz narrowed his eyes at Keefe. "You're not getting her. She's mine already. Sophie said so herself." He smiled evilly at Keefe, and laughed mischievously. 

Keefe's heart dropped 10 feet. When did Sophie say that?  "Dude. Are you kidding right now?"

Fitz shook his head. "'Course not!"  He lied. Fitz wished Sophie had said that. Now, he felt plain guilty for hurting Keefe. 

"Um.  I-I have to go," Keefe mumbled.  He picked up his cape and left Fitz. Keefe would have to talk to Sophie first thing in the morning tomorrow. 

                                                                          *********************

"Sophie, I need to talk to you," Keefe said. He had woken up early and had prepared of what to say in front of Sophie. 

Sophie grumbled and opened the door. "Whyyyyyy this early?" Sophie had bed hair, and looked like she hadn't slept for 10 years. Still, she looked beautiful. 

Keefe laughed nervously. "Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh!! Dooja hoove! Lemo holi the kaya!" Keefe's mind jumbled. He didn't  know what he was saying. 

Sophie was confused, but then laughed it off. "Aw, Keefe. Sounds like you're nervous!" 

Keefe smirked. "Lord Hunkyhair never gets nervous!" Great. Now he was talking about himself in third person. Who does that? 

Sophie rolled her  eyes, and pulled Keefe in her house. It had an aroma of flowers and rosy water.  

"Dude, you have a better house than me! Not possible!" Keefe said as if he had just realized how Sophie's house looked like. 

"Hey, you're back to your old self. And of course I have a better house! Dex is an EXPERT at these!" Sophie said. She plopped down on her sofa, and Keefe did the same. 

"Oh, I better contact Dex," Keefe reached for his imparter, but Sophie grabbed his arm. Keefe couldn't help but blush.  

"What is it, Keefe? What's worrying you?" Sophie asked anxiously. "It's not the Neverseen again, right?" 

Keefe brighten up. Sophie knew him well enough that he was nervous! But then Sophie said-

"It's like so obvious you're worrying. You talk weirdly, (you can't even talk right now), and you're just acting weird!"

A  gray cloud began to form on top of Keefe's head. "It's just that....is it true?" Keefe asked gloomly. 

Sophie looked at Keefe, obviously confused. "Um, what's true?" She asked. 

"Is it true.....that you said-said that you think you're the perfect match for F-Fitz?" Keefe stammered. He paled just thinking about Sophie and Fitz together. It was just so hurtful to think about it. 

Sophie was taken back. "Did Fitz say that?" She asked, looking worried. Sophie grabbed Keefe's arm.  "Oh, Keefe! No wonder you're sad!"

Keefe nodded.  Without thinking he blurted, "But you'll always like me better, right?" He looked at Sophie directly in the eye. 

Sophie looked like this was the hardest decision ever. "Keefe, I always like you guys the same." She said finally. 

But Keefe didn't like Sophie's answer. "If you like us the same, me or Fitz can't be your husband. You have to choose, Sophie. "

                                                                           ************************