Chapter 4

Sophie stumbled out, and Biana gave her a basket of flowers. "Give it to Keefe," Biana ordered. 

"Um, okay," Sophie turned to face Biana. "Wish me luck!" 

"Oh, you don't need any luck," Biana shooed Sophie away, and slammed the door behind her. 

Sophie was dead nervous. So nervous that she might throw up. Sophie was near  Yummy Grum Grums, when she tripped on a shoe. "Ouch!" 

"Ooh, sorry about that," a familiar accented voice said. 

Sophie looked up. "Fitz?"  She couldn't believe her eyes. "H-hi!" 

Fitz pulled Sophie up. "Hey Sophie! Long time no see. Pretty flowers. Are they for me?" he smiled. 

Ugh! Stupid Biana had to give her flowers! Sophie didn't know what to say. "Um. Sorry! I can't be late!" She ran ran away, leaving Fitz with shock. 

                                                                        ******************

"What took you so long?" Keefe was waiting at the front door of the bakery. 

Sophie blushed. Again, she didn't know what to say. "Hi, Keefe," Sophie said quietly.

"Why are you so quiet? You used to spill your guts on me!!" Keefe looked confused. "Is it because I didn't see you in a long time?" 

"Yeah. It's kind of awkward," Sophie looked at her feet. "So, why did you bring me here?" 

Keefe smiled and scratched the back of his head. Right when he was about to talk, Fitz came running over. 

"Fitz! What are you doing here?" Keefe asked nervously. 

"Because I saw Sophie here, then you, and I got suspicious. You guys aren't like, dating right?" Fitz asked. 

Keefe's face turned red. "Dude!" 

Sophie backed away. "Guys? what's going on? Keefe, why'd you make me come here?" 

Keefe sighed, and glared at Fitz.  "I want to have some alone time with Sophie, if you'll excuse me!" 

"That's not fair! I want to have alone time with Sophie too! You're not the only one who likes her!" Fitz clapped his mouth. 

Sophie wanted to roll her eyes, but didn't. "Um, Fitz? I think it's fair that Keefe gets his time first because, um. He actually prepared this for me," Sophie mumbled.

Keefe smirked at Fitz. "See? Even Sophie said so!" 

Fitz's mouth gaped open. "Sophie! But-"

"Sorry Fitz. I just bumped into you. You can't arrange a meeting right now. Keefe was about to say something, so I think we better get going," Sophie interrupted.

A/N: I feel bad for Fitz.

                                                                      *******************

Sophie and Keefe went into the cafe. "So did you want to say something to me?" Sophie asked. 

Keefe smiled knowingly. "Of course! Do you want to order something first?" 

Sophie shook her head. She wasn't in the mood to eat right now. Sophie was growing impatient. "So, Keefe. What did you want to say?" 

Keefe smiled again. "Aren't you hungry, though?" he asked. 

Sophie had enough of it. "YOU LEAVE ON A MISSION FOR 3 YEARS WITHOUT CONTACT, AND SUDDENLY YOU APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE AND YOU SAY "OH LET'S EAT AT THE CAFE" LIKE YOU JUST MET ME YESTERDAY? YOUR FIRST WORDS WERE "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!" IS? I MISSED YOU,  (but like not right now) AND I WOULD'VE SAID "HI".  AND I DID SAY "HI".  THAT DOESN'T MATTER RIGHT NOW. BUT WITHOUT EVEN HUGGING ME OR ANYTHING, YOU SAY, "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?" I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU, KEEFE! SO JUST SPILL WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY TO ME OR I'LL SMACK THIS TABLE AND PUNCH YOUR DANG FACE!" Sophie didn't realize she was angry until the words spilled out of her. 

Keefe's face paled. "I didn't know you had anger issues!" 

Sophie's face burned. "WHAT HAS GONE WRONG WITH YOU?!" She couldn't believe how Keefe was acting. 

                                                                ***************************