Chapter 7

"W-what do you mean?" Sophie asked, horrified. What potion? What was Keefe talking about? 

"I saw Fitz helping you up when you tripped on his stupid shoe. He stuck it out on purpose, by the way. His hand was oiled with this thing called Taped Fume. When Fitz picked you up, your hand touched his, so the potion dissolved into your body. And now you're mad at me!" Keefe explained, frustrated. 

"Then why didn't you do something about it?"  Sophie asked, slightly annoyed because it was so obvious. 

"Ugh! See? You're mad at me, or at least annoyed at me right now! I liked it better when you cared about me," Keefe said sadly. 

Sophie remembered all the times when Keefe helped out, all the times he calmed Sophie down, or made her laugh. When he took the risk to go along with Sophie on dangerous journeys. Well, all her other friends did too, but Keefe always stuck to her side. He even joined the Neverseen for her.  "Sorry I got mad. I don't know what has gotten wrong with me," Sophie apologized. 

Keefe smiled. "Now here's the real Sophie Foster!"  He offered Sophie a custard burst, but she refused. "What's wrong?" 

"What about Fitz?" Sophie asked quietly. 

"What about him?" Keefe's smile faded. Sophie hated to see Keefe frown because she mentioned his name . "You guys are best friends! You can't break apart because of me!" 

"You know, it's important. It's our future. After one of us marries you, the other one will be hurt. There's only one Sophie Foster, and we both like you. So we can't really be friends," Keefe explained. 

"Well, don't think that I have to marry you or Fitz," Sophie joked. Even if Sophie liked Keefe and Fitz, and knew them both since she was a child, there could be other men in the world. 

Keefe's jaw dropped. "Are you saying you don't want to marry me or Fitz?" He asked nervously. 

Sophie laughed, which she hadn't in a long time. "I don't know yet, Keefe. But you guys are one of my best friends in the world. Remember that."

"I remember it everyday! It's just that I thought you considered me of more than a friend," Keefe mumbled. He scratched his perfect hair. 

"What do you mean more than a friend?" Sophie asked. She questiongly looked at Keefe and waited for him to reply. 

"Seriously? You don't know what "More than a friend" means?" Keefe looked shocked.  "Well it means like, "More than a friend"."

"Oh, hurry up and tell me! ANd I know what it means,it's just that I don't get what you're trying to say to me," Sophie explained. 

"Sophie, I mean, that will you go out with me?" Keefe asked anxiously. He never looked that nervous before. Even if it might be a little weird, Sophie didn't want  to hurt Keefe's feelings. Besides, he was kind of cute. 

"Alright,"