Chapter 6

Taehyung slept for four hours that day, and now he was in jungkook's bathroom taking a shower after having his permission of course. He missed having proper showers because showering at the public bathrooms made him nervous and rush into cleaning himself up in less than five minutes, and the not so hot water didn't really help, so this definitely felt good.

Once he stepped out of the shower and dried himself properly, he put his clothes on and walked out to the living room where jungkook was. Once the latter saw him, he quickly stood up and pulled taehyung with him to the kitchen before he could say anything.

"I made dinner for us." jungkook started, pointing at the different dishes on the small table, "i figured you must have not had any proper food in a while, and i've been told i make good food so i prepared some for you."

Taehyung widened his eyes before a soft smile appeared on his face, "i haven't even thanked you enough yet for letting me sleep and take a shower here, and now this? how am i supposed to repay you jungkook?"

Jungkook wore a smile of his own after hearing the younger's words, "you don't need to do anything, just be healthy and that's enough."

"But-"

"Taehyung, it doesn't matter to me. I'm not doing this because i feel like i have to, i'm doing it because i want to. And you don't have to feel guilty or like you owe me anything, i've always been the kind of person to help people when they need it, even if i don't really know them, which may sound stupid to some people, but i can't let you sleep on the street and not have any food to eat and do nothing about it, okay?" Jungkook interrupted the other before he could even form a sentence. "i don't know what you think of me, but i've known you for a good while to call you my friend now. i've spent every minute of my long night shifts for the past 3 weeks talking with you, and that counts as something to me."

Taehyung smiled again with glossy eyes, "you're such a good person, you know that?"

"You really think so?" jungkook asked taehyung who nodded, "well that's good to hear, let's eat now, hmm? i made pasta, chicken soup and some rice."

The two boys shared some small talk while eating before silence took over them for a while. Ater a couple of minutes taehyung looked up at the boy in front of him, "hey, i- i was wondering if.." he wasn't sure if he should ask or not, but jungkook's humm and smile encouraged him to continue, "well, i've made enough money those weeks i've been working at the store to buy some clothes, and i was wondering if maybe, you'd like to go with me to the mall or something, i don't know much here, so i was hoping you'd help me." taehyung said while looking down and playing with his food, afraid he might have pushed his luck a little too much, so he rushed to continue, "that if you don't have anything else to do, i just figured since the store is closed tomorrow and we don't have work, but you can say no! i'd totally understand!"

Taehyung only looked up once he heard the other chuckle, "of course i can go with you, i know good places to shop for clothes without paying much."

Taehyung smiled at him, "thank you so much. you know, i'm so glad i made a friend like you."

"me too."

The next day, after very long hours of shopping, taehyung saw a little cafe and decided to treat jungkook for a drink to repay him for everything nice he's done for him, even if paying for his drink was too little against what the other has done, that's what he was capable of giving back for now.

So they ordered their drinks, even though jungkook insisted he could pay for his own drink, taehyung kept denying him until he agreed.

And now they sat on their table drinking their hot chocolate because they both hated coffee, jungkook wearing a small pout on his lips. "Stop pouting, you're such a baby."

"But i could've paid for myself." jungkook argued, pout getting bigger with every word.

Taehyung laughed a little, "yeah i know, but this is the least i can do for you after treating me to food twice at the store and once at your place. not to mention the other nice things you've done for me."

Jungkook shook his head, "it was only one time at the store, but go off i guess."

Taehyung laughed again, "what about the ramen discount you gave me?" he asked and jungkook shook his head again, "that was because we actually had a discount."

"You really think i don't know?" taehyung chuckled, "well i hate to break it you, but one, i work there now, and two, i've checked the expiry date on the ramen and it isn't close for another couple of years."

Jungkook's cheeks reddened in embarrassment, "did i really get caught?"

Taehyung smiled at him, "i know you did it because i didn't have enough money to keep everything i bought, and that's very nice of you, but why didn't you tell me the truth?"

"I didn't want you to think i did out of pity, because that's not true. I only did it because i wanted you to have them without feeling bad about not being short on 2,000₩ only, it isn't that much." jungkook admitted and taehyung nodded with a little smile,
"don't worry about it, i'm kinda pitiful anyway."

Upon hearing that, jungkook reached his hand on the table and took taehyung's hand that rested there in his, "don't say that, any one could've been in your shoes, it's not your fault and it's not pitiful, you're not pitiful, you're amazing, okay?"

Taehyung's cheeks and the tips of his ears burned at jungkook's hand holding his and at his sweet words, so he looked down in an attempt to hide it before whispering shyly, "thank you, really."