Chapter 18

Taehyung and jungkook were walking around seoul's streets, not looking to do anything specific, just enjoying their time together. "Do you wanna have coffee with me jungkookie?" taehyung asked while clutching onto the other's arm tightly.

Jungkook looked at him then leaned down a bit to kiss the top of taehyung's head, "of course, let's go to the coffee shop down the street, okay?"

They walked there together silently, the silence surrounding them being a comfortable one as they shared a few glances at each other like some teenagers would do.

Taehyung ordered for the two of them then sat next to jungkook on their table next to the window. Having small talks about anything that crossed their minds at that time; it was way beyond the two of them how easy it was to be around one another, but they absolutely loved it.

After the misunderstanding that happened a week ago, they made sure to communicate well before jumping into conclusions and hurting each other in the process, and their relationship has been peaceful ever since.

Now, taehyung was laughing about one of the many silly faces jungkook was pulling in the cafe, scaring taehyung of the embarrassment if anyone saw. His fit of laughter was interrupted by someone's cough right next to their table, they looked up and jungkook's face became pale.

Taehyung instantly noticed the shift in the air once jungkook and the man looking down at him made eye contact, so he wanted to break the tension. "Can I help you?" he said as politely as possible and the man finally stopped looking at jungkook and turned his head towards him.

"Hello, I'm eunwoo. And you are?" the stranger, now known as eunwoo, said with a smile so sweet it had to be fake.

Before taehyung could answer, jungkook broke out of his trance and spoke before the other could, "what do you want eunwoo?" jungkook said in a pissed tone that made taehyung confused.

"I just wanna talk to you, kook. You completely blocked me out of your life and i didn't really know why. Didn't you think i deserve an explanation?" eunwoo said and that angered jungkook. The latter scoffed before answering, "you don't know why? you're really saying you don't understand why i broke things off with you?"

Taehyung could then tell that this eunwoo guy is jungkook's manipulative ex that he so wanted to strangle.

Eunwoo made that fake sad face before looking at taehyung, "could you please leave us alone for a minute? it's kinda private, you know."

"Private my ass. This is my boyfriend who actually cares about me and listens to what i want, and don't worry, he knows about everything you've done to me. So if you have anything to say, you can say it with him here."

"But-"

"Actually you know what? I don't really care what you have to say. Tae let's go." jungkook said as he stood up and pulled at taehyung's hand to take him along.

Once they were a bit far from the cafe, taehyung made jungkook stop. "Baby are you okay?" he asked in a soft voice because he could tell jungkook was trembling.

"I'm okay."

"You know you don't have to lie to me. You can tell me anything." taehyung insisted and that's when jungkook's tears started escaping and making their way down his face.

Taehyung quickly cupped his face and wiped the tears away, "it's okay baby, i'm here now. you're okay."

"He just- he makes me really uncomfortable. That was my ex, tae." jungkook said as he looked at taehyung's eyes that looked at him so softly. "I know baby. And i know that's it's hard for you to see him but you're not alone anymore, i'm with you. I'm always with you."

Jungkook couldn't help but smile as he held onto taehyung's hands that cupped his face, "i'm so glad i have you by my side."

"Me too. Now how about we go home, i'll make some strawberry milk for us and we can cuddle after, how does that sound?"

"I'd love that." And jungkook just wanted taehyung to know that his feelings for him have surpassed the liking stage, but he'll leave that for another day.

------------------------------
IM SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES OMG ITS BEEN SO LONG BUTT i've been super super busy!! and thank you for everyone waiting for the updates it means the world to me! and a big shoutout to @eboyjeons for always asking about updates and being an active reader! thank you so much you make my days better whenever i see your comments! everyone's comments make me the happiest too! thanks guys, i love you!💜💜
also sorry their isn't much fluff taekook in this chapter but the best is yet to come haha! wait for it <3