Chapter 26

Taehyung was laying his head in jungkook's lap as the latter played with his soft hair. They haven't said anything ever since taehyung calmed down, he just told jungkook to lay in bed with him, and they did just that.

When there was no other sound than taehyung's calm breathing in the room, jungkook wondered if he had fallen asleep. "Are you sleeping petal?" he asked in a whisper, afraid to bother him, but taehyung shook his head. "Do you want to talk about it?" jungkook asked again, voice barely above a whisper this time, but taehyung just shook his head once more.

He took jungkook's fingers that were carding through his hair and kissed them. "Thanks for being here." he said with his hoarse voice from all the crying, and jungkook squeezed his hand back in reassurance. "Always."

"You were my first." taehyung whispered, "Not just sex, although that was part of it, but the first to look past everything else into me. We'll grow older, and i know sometimes people grow apart too, but i really hope we can stay like this forever, even if forever is a really long time, i wish to spend all my time in your presence. I don't want to lose you. I don't want to forget you. But most of all, i don't want to lose and forget the me that's me when i'm with you."

When he finished talking, his felt his chin being tilted a little upwards so he was facing jungkook who was smiling down at him. Taehyung thought he looked very beautiful like that, the sun that seeped through the window caught his hair and lit him up from the outside, and he knew jungkook will speak words to him that will light him up from the inside. And he did.

"You won't ever forget me because i'm not going anywhere, not without you at least. I promise you, i'm not like any of the people you've met before, i'm not temporary baby. I'll be with you for as long as you allow me to." jungkook promised as he caressed taehyung's cheeks, "and if you want, i'd like to take you away this weekend."

Taehyung smiled, "where to?"

"I have a place in mind, a place where we can be far and alone. No one to disturb us. Just you and me. Taehyung and jungkook, and jungkook and taehyung only." jungkook said with hope in his voice, and beamed with happiness when he saw taehyung nod at him.

"I would love nothing more than getting away with you." he sat up straight and hugged jungkook, "i love you so much, i can't even tell you how much i do."
Jungkook shook his head as he inhaled taehyung's beautiful scent, "you don't need to explain it to me, i already know. It's evident in the way you smile at me. And i love you just as much."

Taehyung pulled away and smiled at jungkook again.

"Every time you smile at me, you remind of this poem i read in a book once." jungkook said which made taehyung chuckle softly, "can you say it for me?"

Jungkook nodded,
"You make me happy,
whenever you're around i'm safe inside your smile.
You make me handsome,
whenever i feel my nose just seems a bit too round.
You make special,
and god knows i've longed to be that kind of guy to have around.
You make me love you,
and that could be the best thing my heart was ever fit to do.
You make me lovely,
and it's so lovely to be lovely to the one i love."

Taehyung's eyes were filled with tears but jungkook instantly wiped them away, "i didn't tell you this for you to start crying."

"They're happy tears."

Jungkook chuckled before kissing taehyung's forehead.

------------------------------
its been forever i knowwwww but i had my midterms and all sorry for the delay
also the poem is from my fav book "all the bright places"