Chapter 4

About ten minutes later, taehyung walked out of the room and into the living room where jungkook was supposed to be, only to find that he wasn't there.

He looked around trying to find the slightly taller male, just when the latter appeared from the kitchen holding a cup of hot chocolate. He walked over to taehyung and handed him the cup, "this should warm you up a little more; here, drink it up." he said and watched the other take the hot drink in his hands.

"Thank you." taehyung said shyly but jungkook shook his head, "don't worry about it. are you feeling better now?"

Taehyung nodded, "yeah, thanks for lending me your clothes." he pointed at the hoodie that was a little too big on him. The other smiled at him, "that's okay, they look good on you. better than they look on me even."

Jungkook watched as the other's cheeks went beat red before taking a sip from his hot chocolate and pretending that his red cheeks were due to being cold.

In an hour, taehyung stood up as he thanked jungkook and said, "thanks for taking me in and helping me, i should go now. i heard from that guy, jimin was it? that you have work tonight. i don't want you to be late because of me."

Jungkook stood up too, "well, you can come with me? jimin and i will have to look through your papers but i'm sure you'll get the job. you look like a really nice guy. maybe you can start working tonight with me, what do you think?"

"You really think i can get the job?" taehyung asked excitedly and jungkook was quick to nod, "i don't see why you wouldn't. let's go now, hmm?"

Taehyung nodded and soon they were on their way to the convenience store, walking close to each other due to having one umbrella.

In the middle of walking, taehyung suddenly stopped and widened his eyes. Jungkook halted in his steps and looked at him, "what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry! I forgot my clothes in your room, we're still close, i can go back and take them. I'm really sorry." taehyung apologized. How can he be so dumb?

Jungkook chuckled at him, "don't worry about it. i'll wash them up and give them to you tomorrow."
But taehyung shook his head, "i don't wanna trouble you."

The other smiled at him before holding his arm so they can continue walking, "i said don't worry about it. it's really no problem. let's get going, okay?"

That night, taehyung actually got the job. He was so thankful for both jungkook and jimin. After all, it was his first job, and he can finally start making money to at least get enough food.

It was all working well for him because till now, he only got night shifts and that's great! Staying all night at the convenience store meant he doesn't have to worry about not having any place to stay, and during the day, he can simply go that park and take a nap if it wasn't raining.

After that night he got the job, jungkook gave him his clothes back, all washed and clean. And taehyung didn't fail to notice that jungkook also gave him that same jacket he found on him the morning he woke up at the store. He didn't accept it at first, saying he can't take anything more from him, especially not after the taller male convinced taehyung to keep his hoodie and sweatpants because 'they were too small on him'. But jungkook insisted that the jacket wasn't his, even though it was, he just told the other that it's always been in the staff room unworn, so it wasn't really a big deal if he took it.

Since that day, taehyung didn't take the jacket off.
It kept him warm because whenever he wasn't wearing jungkook's hoodie, he only had a thin shirt to put on.

He has been working at the store for two weeks now, still taking night shifts, even when jimin and jungkook were worried he might get tired from not getting any sleep at night. He couldn't tell them that he didn't have any place to stay, that was embarrassing. So he settled on telling them that this was what he wanted, and they respected that.