Chapter 3

The rest of the day went really slowly for taehyung. He didn't have anything to do nor a place to go to. And to his luck, just when the sun was setting it started pouring down on him. He started running to find a shelter from the rain because he didn't want to get soaked of course, nor did he want the backpack he carried with him to get wet either because it contained the very little clothes he brought with him.

He found a little roofed area and sat under it on the floor, hugging the very nice smelling jacket tighter around hia body from the cold because his clothes were a little wet by now. But the area he found was too small, and some drops of water were still falling on him, but at least his bag was safe.

His body was shivering with the cold. He wished he had brought a little more money to afford a stay at some motel, but how could he when his parents were literally locking him up and not allowing him to go out? There was no way for him to make money.

Tears started making their way down his face at the situation he had put himself in. Maybe if he endured the torture his parents put him through, he would be in his warm bed right now, and not on a street sitting on the floor and getting drenched with water.

His thoughts were interrupted when he saw two feet stop in front of him. He looked up and saw the guy known as jungkook looking down at him, holding an umbrella over the two of them to stop the rain from falling on taehyung.

When taehyung looked at him, jungkook could tell the other had been crying, so instead of asking questions he reached his hand down for taehyung to take. Taehyung hesitated for a bit, but eventually he took jungkook's hand and let the other pull him up to his feet.

Taehyung put his bag on his shoulder again before zipping the jacket up and walking silently with jungkook under the little umbrella. He didn't really know where they were going, so he decided to ask.

"Where are we going?" he said, voice so small that if jungkook wasn't waiting for him to ask, he would've missed it. He saw the other look at him with a small smile before answering, "somewhere less cold." he simply replied.

The two walked side by side for about ten minutes before reaching a building where taehyung hesitated again. Was going into a stranger's house a good idea? Jungkook noticed him being reluctant, so he was quick to reassure him, "don't worry, you're safe here. i won't do anything."

Taehyung looked at him then nodded, so jungkook walked ahead of him and he followed right after.

When jungkook opened a door to an apartment on the second floor, taehyung knew they're there. He walked in after jungkook asked him to and stood awkwardly by the now closed door.

He stayed there and watched as the other started the fire in his chimney. He then heard his name being called, and he knew jungkook had started the fire for him.

"You need to get changed, or else you'll catch a cold."

Taehyung nodded and grabbed his bag, "i have clothes here." he said as he pulled a black shirt and a sweatpants.

Jungkook smiled and took the clothes in his hands to look at them, "this is all you have?" he asked and taehyung felt so small right now. Was this guy making fun of him for not having enough clothes?

"I- i have a jacket." he stuttered while rummaging through his bag for the jacket. Once he got it, he pulled it out and showed it to jungkook who shook his head, "this is too thin for this weather. didn't you know how cold seoul can get when you were packing?"

Taehyung slowly shook his head before he felt himself being pulled by the hand to a room, "i have some extra clothes, you can have them and get warm." jungkook said as he pulled out a thick hoodie and thick sweatpants from his closet that were warm enough for this weather.

"Thank you." taehyung said and lowered his head. Jungkook spoke again, "you can change here, i'll be outside if you need anything, okay?"

"Okay."