Chapter 2

Taehyung ended up staying for a few more hours, pretending he's still drinking the tiny bottle of strawberry milk just to have an excuse to be able to stay, even though jungkook could tell the drink was already empty for a while now.

Jungkook's shift ended early in the morning so he was getting ready to leave, but before he could, he went to the staff room to fetch his extra jacket because he had covered taehyung with the one he was wearing last night because the boy looked cold. He wasn't really wearing much, so if course he was.

When he put his new jacket on, he walked into one of the aisles and grabbed a sandwich and a strawberry milk bottle and headed towards taehyung's table where he left the items before walking out of the store and heading home.

An hour later, taehyung woke up to find himself on the table he sat at last night. He felt happy that the man known as jungkook didn't kick him out, so wanted to get up and thank him for letting him stay. But before he could stand up, he noticed a sandwich and a drink that he didn't pay for sitting on his table.

He took them in his hands along with the papers he had to fill in for the job application, still confused, before standing up just to hear a sound of something hitting the floor. Looking down, he saw a jacket that didn't belong to him as well. He bent down and grabbed it before walking to the counter where jungkook was supposed to be, only to find a blonde, shorter male at the counter smiling at him. He walked up to him anyway.

"Hey." he started, "is jungkook here?" he asked with wide innocent eyes. The short boy looked at him, "well his shift is over now. he'll be back tonight."

Taehyung nodded, not knowing what to say until he realized he was still holding the unpaid for items.
"well, i- i found these on my table and i don't remember paying for them. someone must have put them there and forgot about them."

"no, no they're yours." the guy answered, "jungkookie left them for you before leaving."

Taehyung's eyes widened as he pointed at himself, "for me?" he asked and looked at the guy to see him nodding with a smile on his face. "he also told me you're applying for the job, did you fill those papers?"

Taehyung shook his head slightly before nodding shyly, "uh yeah, here." he handed him the papers and the guy was quick to look through them, "so, kim taehyung?" he read the name out loud. "i'm park jimin."

Taehyung smiled at him, "nice to meet you! i hope you can look through my papers and call me soon." he said while playing with his fingers.

Jimin smiled back and nodded, "jungkook and i will have to look through your papers together, we'll definitely call you by tomorrow morning! we need a new staff member as soon as possible anyway!"

With that, taehyung forgot to ask about the jacket that was now around his shoulder to keep him warm as he walked out of the store and started going through the streets of seoul because he really didn't have anything else to do. He hoped he can get that job so he can start making money, and maybe with time find a roommate to live with because he knew he can't afford an apartment on his own.

He arrived at a park that wasn't too crowded this early in the day, so he found a bench for himself and sat on it as he looked up to the sky humming a random tune to himself.

And due to the very little hours he got to sleep that night, he slowly started to fall asleep on the park bench. Hours passed and taehyung was still laying on that bench, hugging the jacket closer to his body to feel it's warmth covering him.