Chapter 30

They've been together for years now, six years in only a month and the two have been living their best lives together. No pain, no drama. No one toxic, just the two of them and their small circle that consisted of jungkook's parents and their two friends.

And during the past few weeks, taehyung had been subtly throwing hints every single day that he's ready for a proposal. From showing jungkook cute wedding videos of strangers on social media to talking about how much he's loving new rings lately.
Yeah, not so subtle but whatever.

Now, it was a date night for them. Taehyung was laying his head on jungkook's shoulder as they watched a movie from the comfort of their living room couch as they always did.

He took jungkook's hand in his, the movie long forgotten, as he played with jungkook's fingers. Thinking about it for few seconds, he started playing with the ring resting on jungkook's middle finger, twisting it and moving it up and down until he looked at him.

"Are you okay?" jungkook asked and taehyung hummed. "Just having fun." taehyung answered as he moved the ring from the middle finger and put it around jungkook's ring finger.

Jungkook chuckled, "tae, can i tell you something?"

He received a nod to continue. "I hate to break it to you, but you're not as subtle as you think you are." jungkook chuckled again when he saw taehyung's shocked face.

"I don't know what you're talking about! What do you mean?" he tried to act confused and pouted when jungkook laughed at him then slowly got up and walked to their room.

When he came back, he found taehyung waiting for him, still pouting.

He stood before him and took his face between his hands, "now why is my little petal pouting? you shouldn't be pouting on our date night baby."

Taehyung scoffed before turning his face away to the side with a little humph. "Don't talk to me you big meanie." Jungkook fake gasped, offended. "How am i a meanie?!"

"If you think that i'm not so subtle, why haven't you done anything for weeks?! Oh i know! Because you're a meanie." he furrowed his eyebrows with another pout.

Jungkook couldn't help but coo at his cuteness, "well if you-" he started but was cut off by taehyung, "i said don't talk to me!"

The older sighed, "baby, how on earth am i supposed to propose if you don't want me to talk to you?"

"I don't care-" he suddenly stopped, "wait what?!"

Just then, jungkook got down on one knee right in front of taehyung who gasped in shock and shook his head. He held out a small box that had the most beautiful ring sitting inside.

"I know this is not the most romantic place to do this, and maybe not the most romantic way, but that's okay because we've always had a different way of things than the normal. Tae, these past six years, i have done nothing but love you. I love you with every ounce of me. And you deserve all this love because no one has ever loved me the way you did. You are charming, endearing, beautiful and just the most precious soul i've ever came across. We were both hurt before from our past relationships, whether it was by a partner or family or whatever, but none of that matters now because we found comfort and love in each other and that's very rare to find. To find a lover who supports you, stands by you and loves you unconditionally is great. But to find a lover who does, and at the same time is your best friend and your family, that's something priceless. And i find that person in you. You're my boyfriend and my best friend and my mother and my father. You are everything that makes me a better version of my self, and i would love it if you would become my husband too." he stopped to chuckle and wipe the tears that had escaped his eyes before asking, "so, kim taehyung, my prettiest fairy, will you marry me?"

As taehyung heard the question he's been dying to hear for the last couple of weeks, he instantly got on his knees in front of jungkook, not caring to wipe his own tears as he hugged the latter while whispering, "yes, a million times yes jungkook."

Jungkook pulled away from the hug just to wipe taehyung's tears then leaned in to kiss his forehead, "i love you so much taehyung."

"And i love you so much more jungkook."

_the end_

-------------------------------
hi! this is the end of "Hotline." i want to thank everyone who stuck around with me while working on this book! And i'm sorry if you're disappointed by the sudden end of it:(
There will be an epilogue for this soon! But for now that's it! Thank you for reading and thanks for everyone who voted and left comments! i love you!💜