Chapter 27

The weekend came and the couple was ready to leave for their getaway. Jungkook was starting the car while taehyung grabbed some things from their apartment before leaving.

When jungkook heard footsteps nearing the car, he looked up expecting to see taehyung, but he saw taehyung's father instead which made his blood boil. "The fuck are you doing here again?" he said as he yanked the man's hand so that they were face to face.

"I'm here to talk to my son again." jungkook chuckled at his answer, "listen, i'm gonna say this one time, one time only, so listen carefully. If you think i believed a single word of the bullshit you spat that day then i hate to break it you but you're dumb. Taehyung doesn't wanna go with you. Can't you get that through your thick brain? He's here, with me, he's gay. No matter how much you hate to admit it, your son is gay. And he's not going back to that hell hole you call home. His home is here, where he's respected for who he is." Jungkook said calmly, "now i won't ask you again, fuck off while i'm still being nice."

The man was obviously pissed at the way jungkook was talking to him, but he knew he couldn't do anything about it. "Whatever, you're stuck with a disappointment anyway. It's not like his mother and i actually want him back."

"Good for you. Now leave." jungkook spat.

"I'm only leaving because i want to, not because you're asking me to." one last glare at jungkook and the man was gone just when taehyung came out of the door. He looked at jungkook whose facial expression immediately changed once he saw his boyfriend, "are you okay?"

Jungkook nodded, "i'm perfect petal, let's go?"

"Hmm."

A very long drive after, jungkook announced that they were there. They took their bags as they walked towards a street full of small cabins. "It's so beautiful here." taehyung said, amazed with how the street looked very cozy with the lights hanging everywhere. "Oh yeah? Wait until you see where we're staying." Jungkook said right before they stopped in front of a door.

Taehyung's face broke into a huge smile as soon as jungkook opened the door to their cabin. "Oh my god jungkook, this is so pretty." Jungkook smiled, "well i'm glad you like it, let's go in."

Taehyung was in awe looking at the cozy little place they'll be staying at. A king sized bed in the corner, in front of it was a tv. A small table on the side with two chairs and a little fireplace. Everything taehyung needed -along with jungkook of course- to relax and forget about anything else.

After showering, the two were cuddling in their bed under the cozy blankets while a movie played on the screen. At the last scene of the movie, the words 'even if we feel like we're in a dark place, there's one true thing: almost everything in the night sky gives off light, even if we can't see it, the light is still there.' danced on the tv screen.

Taehyung scanned those words with his eyes before looking at jungkook, "not to be cringy or anything, but you're my light."

Jungkook chuckled, "it's okay, i love it when you're cringy, and i also love everything you say, everything you do. And I most definitely love you."

"I love you too." taehyung said with a small soft smile dancing on his lips.

Then they sat in silence as they held each other closely, until taehyung started giggling. "What's so funny petal?" jungkook asked and taehyung hid his face in jungkook's chest. "You love me." Another giggle from taehyung.

Jungkook cooed at taehyung's cuteness and pulled him away from his chest to look at him, "of course i love you. You're only realizing this now?"

Taehyung giggled again, "I love that you love me! Makes me feel special." he admitted and jungkook smiled at him, "you are special, you're very special to me fairy."

The shy, satisfied little smile never left taehyung's face as he hugged jungkook. "I love it when you're here, everything seems so quiet and peaceful. You take my mind off my mind, jungkook. I want you to stay."

"I'm always here. Always with you baby."

--------------------------------------
IM SUPER SUPER SORRY FOR THE HIATUS OMG I WAS SO BUSY AND THIS SHORT I KNOW BUT I WANTED TO UPDATE FOR YOU'!! this is all fluff in hopes it would make yall forgive me lmao i hope you like it, please tell me what you think of this so far!