43. Linosas Kingdom of the Far East

Start from the beginning

Except for one that flourished in these golden sands. The Kingdom of Linosas. The home of all exotic flowers that could be only found here in the East.

It could be considered an empire with all the small kingdoms under its name. Because of the power of the Great Five and the pact between the kingdoms of the west, no one dared to usurp one another and it remained as peaceful between the kingdoms as it could be. The last attempt to unite the kingdoms had been a catastrophe worse than the tragedy that the Dark Queen ensued in her hands.

On the other hand, it was contrary in the east for it was a battle of territories with a bloodier history which was signified by the sculpture that was decorated in the center of the plaza.

We were seated at one of the terrace restaurants as we were overlooking the most regarded landmark in this kingdom. The statue of the war hero and the most prestigious king with prowess that could rival one of the Great Five and made Linosas what it was today, King Gryvel Linosas.

The life-size model was believed to be molded as the real person. It was dressed in the king's glorious knight uniform that was made of real silver and gold but that was not all.

King Linosas was known to have mismatched eyes of golden brown and a light shade of red that was closest to pink. The gemstone that was said to be used for his right eye was one of a kind and sought after by everyone. With only the streetlamps illuminating it, the precious crystal was glinting in the evening sky.

"This is such a blatant display of the Lost Treasure but why did no one have it yet?" I asked Reichen who was enjoying his meal notwithstanding the stifling warm night.

He looked fresh while I was beaded with perspiration all over my body.

"Can't you see that?" He gestured with his lips, pointing to the figures below the platform where the statue was.

"Well, of course."

Aside from the precious stones used for the statue, the knights guarding it were also well known for they were like statues themselves with how they were not moving a single day.

"They are the most elite troupe in the whole kingdom and even Amicas and Cattivos will have trouble with them."

"And you expect only the two of us could defeat them?"

I had altered my face and my monolid eyes could not grow any wider as my thin lips gaped at his ludicrous statement. If countless people could not overthrow them, then how much more there were only two of us.

I knew my limitations and I did not overestimate myself. I thought Reichen was the same in how he was scrupulous in planning but his brain must be fried from the scorching heat of the kingdom.

"Indubitably. You may have thought I have hidden intentions when I implored you to come with me but there is none."

It did cross my mind but I ignored it since spending a night outside with only the two of us was no different from the usual since we were practically together most of the time.

"I chose you because of your capabilities. I had seen how you've rendered the knights to unconsciousness during our mission at Luriem Forest. Your wide-scale magic would make us achieve a feat that countless Crusaders, as well as Reapers, had failed," he exemplified.

"If you say so," I mumbled and continued eating.

Ah. How to be optimistic like him when I was not sure if I could pull it off again.

***

After our dinner, we toured around their capital since we were both new to the place. The hanging lanterns adorned the streets which became more lively than when we arrived this afternoon.