Chapter: 27

He pulled back and rested his forehead against mine.

 "I love you so much, that if you left, it'd break my heart." 

 I pulled away and cried harder.

 "Right now, you're breaking my heart!" I cried harder.

 "Why? Because I love you?!" He yelled and I shook my head.

 "No! Because I love you back and I don't know what to do!" My voice cracked and I brought my hands up to cover my face.

 "Aaliyah, then stay with me. Stay here. Don't leave me, please.

"I've never felt like this before, and when I'm with you, it's like there's no one else." He whispered and his voice cracked too.

 I glanced up and his eyes were watering. 

"I've worked so hard for this, and now I'm thinking about giving it up for a boy." I shook my head laughing with no humor.

 "What's so bad about that?!" He asked exasperated.

"I'll be giving up for my dreams for you, when I don't know if you'll leave me the next day." I glanced at him briefly and let the other tears fall.

 He closed the distance between us and cradled my face.

"I'm not, Jay." He whispered and I closed my eyes letting the other tears fall.

"Aaliyah, please. Don't leave me." His voice was cracking and it was breaking my heart.

I shook my head and pulled back.

"You should leave, I have packing to do." I whispered and he glanced at me.

"You're really going?" He asked me like he couldn't believe it.

I gnawed my bottom lip and shrugged.

He picked up his jacket and threw it on.

"I cannot believe you right now. I pour my heart out to you and you throw it around like it's all some big game!" He hollered at me and I wouldn't dare let the other tears fall.

"How do I know you won't leave me when you get the chance, huh?! What if there's someone better and you don't want me anymore, Elijah."

I screamed at him. "How would that make me feel?" I added whispering and breaking all over again. 

"There is no one better than you!" He screamed back. "All I ever want is you." He added whispering. 

His voice cracked and a tear rolled down his face making me break all over again.

I shook my head and covered my face with my hands.

"This wasn't supposed to happen."

"I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you." 

"How can I leave now?" 

"What am I going to do?" 

I chanted in whispers as more tears fell.

"I should go." Elijah stated and started to walk out my room.

I watched as his retreating figure left my house.

I cried harder and fell to the floor. The front door shut and my mom walked in and cradled me on the floor.

"It hurts so much, mom." I cracked out and she hugged me tighter.

"I know, baby. I know." She whispered and I cried more. 

She picked me up and brought me to my bed. She laid next to me as she stroked my hair and hushed me.