Chapter: 23

After our pillow fight, we laid down for a bit until he had to leave. He left a little while ago.

I was in a trance until my cell started to vibrate. 

Groaning, I rolled off my bed and crawled to my phone. I sat against the wall and answered.

"What?" I sighed into the phone not looking at the caller.

"Awe, don't miss me, baby?" His voice rang through the cell and I immediately started to smile.

"Hmm, nope." I popped the 'p'. 

"Awe, angel, that hurts." I scrunched my nose at his response.

"What's with all these pet names?" I voice my thoughts and he laughed through the phone.

"Like I said before, Liyah is for everyone else- I get to call you something else." Even the way he says my name gives me Goosebumps.

"And why is that mister Rodriguez?" I questioned in a professional voice.

"Because I'm the best, baby." Even though he was joking I knew it was true.

I laughed it off anyways and was interrupted by my mom.

"Aaliyah! There's a boy here to see you!" My mother called from downstairs in a singsong voice.

"Uh, I'll be down in a second!" I called back to my mom.

"What boy?" Elijah growled from the other side of the phone.

"I'm about to find out." I furrowed my eyebrows together myself.

I hauled myself up and walked over to my closet. I pulled out jeans and left on Elijah's shirt.

I put the phone to my ear and pulled down the boxers. I walked out and got a new pair of thong.

"What are you doing?" Elijah questioned and I laughed.

"I'm attempting to talk on the phone while change." I laughed as I almost fell over while stepping into my jeans.

"Are you dressing up for this guy?" He asked in a low tone.

"If you call wearing jeans with your shirt dressing up, then yes, yes I am, Elijah." I rolled my eyes at how rude he's being. He sighed and I could tell he was running his hand through his hair.

"Elijah, chill. I don't even know who's here, and honestly, I'll probably just tell them to leave. Plus, my mom was just kidding, she knows how I feel about you." I explained in a soft voice, nervous about attempting some of my feelings for him.

I don't know how he did this- it's nerve wrecking!

"How do you feel about me?" He asked slowly and I smiled a small smile.

"I really fucking like you." He laughed through the phone.

"Okay, I gotta go, I'll call you tonight, yeah?" I asked and he hummed in response.

"Goodbye, baby." He whispered and smiled as he hung up.

I was standing in the middle of my room and I quickly remembered I had company.

I took off his shirt and my tank top, put a bra on and put his shirt back on.

I ran down the steps to the kitchen.

I walked out of the kitchen and to the living room.

"Sorry. I was taking a phone call that was important." I explained as I walked into the living room.

I stopped dead in my tracks. 

"Trevor?" I whispered. 

He turned around and smiled at me.