Chapter: 22

"Wake up." Someone whispered in my ear and I groaned.

"Liyah." He chuckled in my ear and I groaned.

"Get up." He whined and I ignored him.

"Liyah!" He sang in a singsong voice, but I ignored him. 

"Seriously." He stated and I groaned.

"Seriously shut the fuck up." I muttered out and he laughed.

"It's too early, sh!" I scolded him as I reached my hand over and searched for his face. 

I found his face and looked for his lips, I clamped my hand over his mouth to muffle his laughs.

It seems he laughed harder at this.

"Seriously, you need to be home soon, you forgot to call your mom last night and she's blowing up your phone." I shot up.

"What!" I yelled and he nodded; handing me my phone I scrolled through the messages.

Shit.

'Liyah, call me.'

Shit.

'Liyah. Where are you?'

Shit.

'Aaliyah Marie. Get home. NOW!'

Shit.

"That's it. No London.

"Shit." I cussed aloud at the last one, running my fingers through my hair I started to pace Elijah's room.

"What's wrong?" He sounded worried. Awe. He's worried for me- no focus. 

I looked up at him and could feel the sinking feeling start.

"Mom's not going to let me go to London." I whispered and I ran my fingers through my bangs.

"Come on, let’s get you home." He got out of bed with a frown. 

I grabbed my phone and cigarettes. 

I grabbed my boots by the door and shoved my phone and cigarettes in one of them.

Elijah shot me a raised eyebrow.

"What? It's for safe keeping!" I defended and he laughed and continued to walk to the garage.

*************

We pulled up my driveway and my stomach sunk. I turned to Elijah and he turned off the car, getting out.

I took deep breaths and followed after him. I've got this. I reminded myself as we approached the house. 

I turned climbed the steps with Elijah next to me. 

I don't go this. I shot Elijah a look that said 'quick-lets get in your truck and runaway to Alaska'.

He shook his head at me and nudged me forward. I frowned and opened the door to my house.

"Mom." I called out in the house.

My mother came into view and I shut the door after Elijah walked in. 

She glared at me and smiled at Elijah.

"Hello, Miss. Langdon, I am so sorry for keeping Aaliyah held up and for not calling." He explained to my mother and she put her hand on her hip and looked at me.

"Aaliyah, you spent the night at a boys house?" She interrogated me and I groaned.

"Mom, I'm eighteen. I'm a legal adult. I can hangout with whomever I please." I frowned at my mom and she just smiled before glaring again.