Chapter: 5

"Wow. This is your house?" Toni was gaping at my house and I nodded whilst shrugging. "Yup." I popped the 'p'. "Where are your parents?" Alex asked and I shrugged. "Who knows." They stared at me wide-eyed. 

"Your parents aren't home, leaving you.. Alone?" Toni rushed out and I nodded again confused. I glanced at Alex and she mirrored my expression. She looked at me and shrugged. "Lets have a sleepover!" Toni started bouncing in her seat.

"Won't that be fun?!" She asked between Alex and I. "A blast." I muttered. I hadn't had a sleepover since the middle school. Nights when Cindy invites her to stay without my consent does not count. 

Cindy is my mom's best friend's daughter. She forces us to be friends. To be honest, the friendship is all one sided. I try my best to ignore her when I can. She follows me like a puppy, then tries to lecture me on how I live.

I don't think so. "Yay!" Toni's piercing scream brought me out of my thoughts and I flinched, as did Alex. "Shut up, Ton!" Alex yelled to her sister. "Sorry." She muttered sheepishly. I laughed at them and got out of the car. I've been doing a lot of laughing lately.. Ew. I should stop. And scowl in three.. Two.. O- 

"Why do you look constipated?" Toni beamed next to me with a bright smile. I scowled at her. She backed up a little. "Sorry." I growled and walked up to the house inserting my house key and walking in.

I walked in and up the stairs. I was half way up the stairs when I glanced behind me. Alex and Toni stood at the bottom gawking at my house. I groaned and walked down the stairs, gripping their wrists- lightly, and walking up the stairs with them trailing. 

Walking into my room was no better. "This is your room?" Toni's jaw was on the ground and I rolled my eyes. "Obviously." She sent me a fake smile and dropped it but then started to have her eyes explore my room some more.

I pulled my phone out and placed it on the charger. "Do you guys need to charger your phones?" I decided to be polite and ask, who knows, maybe their parents will call them home. "Yes, please, do you have the 5?" Toni asked and I nodded. She smiled and threw her phone AT ME! Without warning!

The phone hit my forehead and fell onto the bed. I looked up at a terrified Toni. "Oops!" She threw out. I glared at her, but then started laughing with Alex. Toni soon joined us and I composed myself long enough to connect their phones.

I sighed in content. I got up and walked to the other side of the room. "Are you guys thirsty?" I asked while I pulled open my mini fridge door. "Yes!" Toni yelled while Alex nodded her head up and down like an excited toddler. I chuckled and nodded. Shoot. All I got is Red Bull.

"Do you guys happen to like Red Bull?" I asked praying. I do not feel like walking all the way downstairs to get them a drink! Again, they both nodded fastly. I laughed and threw them one each, cracking open my own. 

"I think you've just become our best friend." Toni stated taking a gulp out of her Red Bull. "Why's that?" I cocked my head to the side, curiously. "We all have the same things in common. I mean, we-" She motioned from her to Alex, "don't talk to anyone. It's always been just us. She's my sister, but she's my best friend." I nodded understanding kind of.

It's always just been me. Whenever I needed someone most, they weren't there. They offered me small smiles and I turned away. "Liyah, why don't you smile?" Toni questioned scooting closer to me. 

"What's there to smile about. You're not supposed to smile in hell; it pisses Satan off." I scoffed. She tilted her head sideways staring at me. "What?" I asked feeling odd under her intense stare. "There's more to you, and I'll find out. But until then, we're your friends and we don't care if you hate us, we're friends!" She demanded and Alex nodded in agreement. "Yeah!" She yelled out and I laughed.