Chapter: 14

I was finally able to answer my mother. "Uh, I'm up in the game room, mom!" I called down to hear.

"Well come down here!" She called back up and I could basically hear her roll her eyes. I glanced to my friends and stood up. 

"You guys wanna meet my mom? I doubt my dad is here with her because he didn't say anything." I explained and they nodded standing up.

"Now, my mom's really chill, but please just be careful with what you say." I glared at the boys. They through their hands up in defense. 

"Jay, you know how she is. So, please don't do anything irrational, yeah?" I begged the guys and they nodded. Jay nodded his head and gave me a soft smile.

I smiled at them and turned out of the room and walked down the stairs. They trailed slowly behind me and I stopped them at the corner of the wall so I could see how my mom is today.

"Hey, mom." I called out and she turned to me. "Hi, baby, how are you?" She asked and I suddenly felt the pain from her abandoning me vanish. 

"I'm good, mom. How are you?" I whispered and her eyes glazed over with pain and tears. 

"I'm not good." She shook her head and I could feel my mom's pain. "I'm sorry for leaving you for so long, baby, I feel so bad." She started to shake and I engulfed her in a hug. She hugged me back tightly.

I pulled back and smiled at her. She looked taken aback but smiled at me nevertheless.

"I have friends I want you to meet." She smiled bigger. "Friends?" She questioned and I nodded. 

"Guys, come here." I called out to my friends and they walked in an awkward circle. 

"Hi!" They waved lightly and I stifled a laugh.

"Hello!" My mother smiled widely at them as her eyes scanned them. She stopped on one though and her smile grew. "Jayson Parker." My mom exclaimed.

"Hello, Evelyn." He smiled widely at my mom and my mom ushered him into a hug.

"Are you dating my baby again!" She beamed excitedly and I groaned. "No, mom. Were not dating again. Were friends." I explained to my mother and she shrugged.

"We'll see." She winked at Jay and I face palmed myself. "Okay, new subject." I yelled.

"Mom, these are my friends Toni, Alex, Jackson, Jonah, Eric and Jay- who you know already, Xavier and Elijah." I pointed to each of my friends as I went down the line.

My mom smiled brightly at them. "I'm Evelyn, and it is a pleasure to meet you, kids." They gave her big smiled in return. 

"My other daughter, Sophie should be here soon. She's a delight." My mom winked at Elijah, which mad me mad. 

Toni sent me a questioning look with a smirk and I shook my head at her. Honestly, I don't know why I was so mad. Maybe it's because my sister is a slut.

I love her and all but she's so whorish when it comes to guys. She doesn't even know what a relationship is.

But that's none of my business doe.

The guys held smirks and Alex scoffed at her boyfriend and slapped him in the arm. "There will be no smirking about other girls, mister." She scolded playfully and everyone laughed, including my mom.

"Where's dad?" I turned to my mom and she frowned slightly.

"Something came up and he won't be home for awhile." She explained and I nodded in understanding.

"Of course." My mom frowned and walked towards me. "He'll be here, before next week." She tried to assure. I nodded. "Yeah, no, I get it. His business comes first." I could feel the tears building up and my mom walked forward but I stepped back.