Chapter: 13

I woke up to a light breeze fan across my exposed ear. I groaned and shoved my face into the pillow more. "Wake up." Elijah laughed from beside of me.

I groaned again in response and he started to bounce on the bed. "Wake!" Jump. "Up!" Jump. 

"Stop jumping." I muffled out throw my pillow. I could hear his light chuckles echoing through my room. I smiled slightly and quickly stopped. No! I scolded myself.

"Come on, Liyah!" He started to poke my sides and I started to squirm. "No." I stated leaving no room to argue. 

"But I'm hungry!" He whined. I glanced up to see him pouting, sitting Indian style with his arms crossed, and eyebrows furrowed. 

I laughed lightly at him and glanced at the clock. 

11:45. 

I sighed and rolled out of bed, literally. I skillfully landed on my feet. And by that I mean, I landed on my feet nicely and then my knee decided to give out on me, resulting me in falling.

Elijah's laughter boomed throughout the room and I glared at him as I used the bed to help me stand. My glare didn't even affect him. He continued to laugh. I huffed and walked to the bathroom.

"Make your own damn breakfast then." I crossed my arms as I closed the bathroom door. Elijah's protests made me cackle.

Ah. I'm so evil.

But, God knows I'll still make everyone breakfast. I'm just that nice.

They better like cereal, cause that's all I know how to make.

I glanced at my reflection and laughed as I saw my makeup from the day before smeared. 

I turned on the tap and threw some water on my face fixing the mess- somewhat.

I grabbed a towel and wiped out the remaining underneath and the dripping water from my chin. I brushed my teeth.

I walked back out of my room and found Elijah roaming freely through my things.

I leaned against the bathroom doorframe. "What're you doing?" I raised an eyebrow as he turned around with a picture frame in his hand.

I looked down at the picture frame and my eyes turned cold. I should really get rid of that picture. 

"Is this your family?" He asked softly and I shrugged walking over to my closet. "Can't really call them that." He tilted his head to the side.

"Why not?" I turned around to look at him. "To actually be a family, my parents would actually have to be around." I could feel my temper rising as I thought about my parents leaving me alone for days on end with no legitimate reason.

"Doesn't mean they don't love you." He tried to assure me. "To love someone, you actually have to know them. They're never here. They barely know me." I whispered facing reality.

Elijah shook his head silently disagreeing with me. 

"Look around, Elijah, they haven't even been here for the two days we've been friends. They'll leave for weeks on end and I won't even get as much as an 'I love you' from them. It's usually something like, 'Staying longer than we thought. Money for food is in our room'.

Can you imagine what it's like being in this big ass house all alone without anyone? The only time I ever see my parents is when my sister comes home." I explained to him as I could feel tears brimming my eyes.

I was breathing heavily and starting to shake. I looked up at the celling, exhaling deeply to keep the tears in. 

"Don't you have two sisters, though?" Elijah questioned curiously. I met his soft eyes and nodded. "They take her with them." He turned his head slightly and I shrugged.