"Yes, that's me." I smiled back and she nodded.

"Come on, then." She waved here hand in a 'follow me' matter.

Walking slightly behind her, we walked up to a big door and she stopped in front glancing at me.

"You'll do fine." She nodded and smiled encouragingly at me. I took another deep breath- again- and walked into the door she held open for me.

***************************

I walked out feeling mixed emotions. They want me to join! They actually want me to join.

I walked down the hall making small talk with the assistant and back to my mom and Elijah.

I stopped mid step when I saw the man I've been longing to see.

"Aaliyah." He gave me a smile.

"Daddy?" I whispered and he nodded.

"I'm here, baby doll." He held his arms out and I didn't hesitate to run into them.

He picked me up and spun me around. When he put me back down he smiled down at me.

"I'm so proud of you, darling." I could feel tears pricking my eyes. How long I've waited to here those words.

"Really?" I whispered and he nodded.

"I've always been proud of you and I'm sorry I never got to say it enough." And that's when I broke.

Tear after tear fell cascaded their way down my cheeks and to my chin, then to the floor or my neck.

I brushed away the ones I could, but eventually gave up when they wouldn't stop.

"I love you so much, Aaliyah." I nodded.

"I love you too, dad." He pulled me into his side by my shoulders.

"Dad did you meet Elijah?" I glanced up at my father and he nodded.

"Yeah, I did." I smiled at my dad and nodded.

"Good." I pulled out of my father's grasp and walked over to Elijah.

He threw his arms over my shoulders and I rested my hands on his chest.

"How'd it go?" He asked and I pulled back to look at everyone.

"They accepted me." I replied nonchalantly.

"That's great, sweet pea, when are you leaving?" My mom exclaimed and I looked over at her.

"They want me there by Thursday." My mom's face fell for a little before she smiled at me. 

But I know it wasn't real. 

I walked over to my mom and pulled her into my embrace hugging her.

We pulled back after a little and I nodded reassuringly. 

"Okay." My father clapped. "Let's go home then, yeah?" He asked and I nodded.

We started to walk to the cars and I went with my mom, as did Elijah. He got in the back and I sat next to him.

He pulled me closer and cuddled with me. I glanced up at him and he looked like he was in deep thought.

"What's wrong?" I whispered running my index finger over his face. 

He shook his head and looked out the window.

I tangled our fingers together and looked out the window as well.

Ever have those moments where you just want to cry because you're so damn confused?

Yeah, well, I'm having a moment.

I could feel the tears prick my eyes, but I blinked furiously getting them to disappear.

*******************

The car ride was quick coming home. Elijah and I got out of the car and walked up to my room.

I have to start packing soon.

Elijah looked distracted and kept pacing my floor.

"Elijah, what's wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrows and he stopped running his fingers through his hair.

He walked up to me and smashed my lips against his.

"Don't go." He whispered against my lips.

"What?" I pulled back and furrowed my eyebrows together.

He cupped the sides of my face. "Don't go, stay- stay here with me." He was starting to beg.

And queue the tears now. 

A few fell down my face and I closed my eyes as he kissed them away.

I ran my fingers through my hair and pulled back. 

I started to pace my room, running my fingers through my hair- like Elijah was doing just seconds ago.

Elijah came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

He moved my hair to the side and kissed my exposed neck.

Trailing kisses up to my ear, he stopped at my ear and grazed his teeth against my cartilage.

I closed my eyes and that's when his words broke me.

"I love you." He kissed my ear and more tears fell.

"I love you, Aaliyah." He trailed kisses down my neck again.

"I love you so fucking much it hurts." He kissed my jawline this time.

He turned me around and locked eyes with mine.

 He kissed my lips and I kissed back.

Our kiss was mixed with salty water from my tears. 

He rubbed his thumb over my cheeks, brushing away the tears.