Peace and Prosperity

Trigger warning: assault

Primrose's POV:

Harry and I quickly met Mitch and Sarah outside the building. Mitch and I exchanged the same awkward look, before we began to walk. Harry slinked his arm through mine, and pulled me protectively closer to him.

"Let me hold that for you." He offered, reaching down to take my bag.

"Just don't hide it this time!" I tease.

Turning the corner, my eyes were met with a street flooded with lights of greens, blues and reds, as an array of bars, clubs and restaurants towered over us. A mix of different music filled the air, as a smell of cigarettes and food drifted up my nostrils.

"You'll love it here." Sarah turned to me. "We always go here after a day in the studio." She pointed to her, Mitch and Harry.

"Do you play cards?" Mitch asked.

"Well, I consider myself a fairly good snap player." I joke, earning a laugh from everyone. "Why?" I continued, yet my question was answered for me by the giant Royal Flush sign hanging from the building.

"This bar has cards at each table, so you can play while you drink." Harry explained, pushing the door open. The room was dimly lit, filled with people dancing in the middle. We weaved our way through the crowds to a booth in the back corner. I slid across the smooth leather seat, leaving enough space for Harry to sit next to me. Reaching over the table, I grabbed a menu.

"Oh." I said to myself as my eyes reached the end of the paper.

"Hmm?" Harry asked whilst his eyes were also scanning the menu.

"It's all alcohol." I place the menu down in front of me.

"Shit." Harry shouted to himself, placing his menu down. He turned to face me and leaned in slightly, placing his hand on his head so Sarah and Mitch couldn't see what he was about to say. "That's why I said we wouldn't come. Because I know you don't like drinking." He whispered to me, fiddling with his hair to hide our conversation.

"It's fine, honestly. I'll just have water." I smile, sitting back in my seat. Harry shoots me a confused look, before doing the same and returning to his normal seating position.

"Everything okay?" Sarah asks over the top of her menu.

"Yep. Harry was just asking if I was okay." I lie, using a more believable reason than last time. 'I'm not hungry' yeah, good one Primrose.

A tall, muscular man with shaggy blonde hair approached our table. "Hey, guys. What can I get you this evening." One by one, Harry, Mitch and Sarah ordered different cocktails. I recognised all the names - of course - but none of them appealed to me. "And what can I get you?" He asked me.

"I'll just have a water please." I smile politely.

"Would you like me to spice it up with a lemon slice and some ice?" He laughs.

"Not too much - I'm driving home tonight." I go along with the joke. He soon disappears, leaving us to our own discussions again.

"You never answered my question - if you were good at cards or not." Mitch said, his voice sounding louder and more confident with the smaller group of people.

"Well, I used to play with my Granny. When she passed away, I stopped playing. But, since opening the bar, I've been playing for fun with some of my regulars, or with Angel to pass the time." I explained.

I could see Harry watching me from the corner of his eye, with a small smirk on his face. "What?" I asked, turning to him.

"Nothing, you're just fascinating."