From The Dining Table

I woke up to the sun beaming through the undrawn curtains, burning my eyes as I tried not to wake up. Forcing myself to get up, I stretched out, letting out a groan as I fought the temptation to go back to sleep.

'Wow this bed is comfortable. I don't remember me and Dan having beds like this.' I thought to myself while rubbing my eyes with my hands. I sat up, focusing my vision on my surroundings.

This isn't my room.

Sudden panic engulfed my body as I frantically shoot my eyes all over the room. I'm in a large double bed lined with all white sheets. White satin curtains hang neatly next to the windows lighting up the entire room. There's a man lying on the sofa in the corner of the room next to a black coffee table. Wait... did I just say there's a man on the sofa?!

I fling my legs over the bed, looking down at my floral skirt which I'm still wearing from the night before. I had a large white T-shirt on, which hung down to my knees. Checking if I still had my crop top on - which I did - I silently stood up. My phone was resting on the night stand next to the bed. Picking it up, I saw an unread text from Dan.

Dan:

Hey P, I packed your suitcase and told the hotel lobby to look after it. I'm flying home. Hopefully see you when you're back x.

Ugh, dealing with Dan is the last thing on my mind right now.

I turn my phone off, and move my attention once more to the man on the bed. Gingerly, I walk towards him - trying to see his face. The back of my head pounded as I rubbed it, feeling a large lump. Did I hit my head last night?

The last thing I remember was sitting at the bar and having 3 shots with... Harry! I'm in Harry's room! I'm in Harry's room? Why am I in his room? I'm fully dressed so I assume we didn't have sex?

Peering over the top of the sofa, I see Harry sleeping peacefully.

How am I here right now? Did he bring me here? Was I really that drunk? I continue to walk to the door, being as quiet as possible so I don't wake him

How am I here right now? Did he bring me here? Was I really that drunk? I continue to walk to the door, being as quiet as possible so I don't wake him. As I reach the exit, I notice a notebook. I lifted the quill from the pot that rested neatly upon Harry's table, and quickly wrote a note, trying not to bother him with my frantic scribbling.

'Thank you for last night, write me :)

The Red Barn
Barton Road
Woolacombe
EX34 7DF

- Prim x'

I took one last glance at him before I left. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps: all curled up like a little bear. How is it possible to be a pretty sleeper? God knows what I looked like last night from the state I was in. I'm surprised he slept on the sofa though. We have only known each other 12 hours, but I thought he would've tossed my passed out self onto the sofa and gone to bed - not like I would've known the difference. I'm also surprised he left me clothed. I'm only wearing a skirt and a crop top, however, most guys would leap at the chance to undress a drunken girl. I didn't imagine him to be so respectful. I may be basing that on a fuzzy blur of last night but, I've never met anyone like him before.