My Moment

Harry's POV:

The buzz.

An indescribable euphoric high in which your body becomes amped up with adrenaline to such a magnitude that you feel indestructible. There's a constant tingle every time you walk, as if all your senses are heightened. The feeling of your heart beating is so heavy it almost weighs you down, yet gives you such power that you feel you could run the world.

Every breath, every blink, everything my fingertips touch or my feet walk upon sends shockwaves of electricity through my nerves, creating an explosive atmosphere in my chest. My cheeks are constantly glued to the sides of my face, locked in a permanent smile as my body shows the world how happy I am.

This before-show rush is a feeling I've missed - it's one that sits very closely in my heart. No matter how long I have done this for, and will continue doing this for, I will never not be nervously exhilarated before stepping onto stage.

"10 minutes people! 10 minutes!" The stage manger yelled, racing across the floor and vanishing into the crowd of people.

'Compose yourself, Harry. Compose yourself' I said in my head, taking myself into a quieter corner of the backstage area. My eyes locked shut, as I took heavy breaths in, feeling my lungs expand fully against my chest with each inhale. Almost in a dancing manner, my hands drifted up and down in coordination with my breaths, the tips of my fingers fluttering freely as they went.

I rolled my neck from side to side, shaking my arms and legs to loosen up my muscles as I continued to control my breathing. My body was still on the high: telling me to psyche myself up, to get really hyper. But I know that walking onto stage with that mindset will end unsuccessfully. I'll forget lyrics, I'll wear myself out, I won't entertain the beautiful people who payed to see me.

My eyes slowly opened, momentarily adjusting to the lighting. A constant hum of fans screaming filled the air as I made my way onto the stage. Mitch, Sarah, Clare, and Adam were already onstage setting up, tuning and warming up their instruments which could only be heard to us as they weren't turned on yet. I walked to the middle of the stage, adjusting the mic stand accordingly to the angle I was planning to start in.

Picking up the guitar resting securely in a stand next to my microphone, I bought the strap over  my shoulder and let it sit comfortably against my floral suit. I strummed a few notes against the delicate strings, focusing extremely hard to be able to hear them over the screams of my fans.

Separating me, from them, was a beautiful pink curtain, covered in the same flowers featured on my album cover. Despite it being so thin, I felt miles away from everyone. All those people came to see me, to support me, to listen to music produced by me. It's scary. There's a huge, invisible weight of pressure hanging over my shoulders, which is only getting bigger the nearer we come to starting.

"3 minutes!" The stage manager yells, speed walking across the stage whilst readjusting her headset.

"Wanna play some chords?" Mitch asks, holding up his guitar. I nodded, moving closer to him as he began to strum a few notes. My fingers grasped the guitar pick as I harmonise to Mitch, Sarah joining in with a low beat on the drums from just above us. As my body loosened to the music, Clare finalised the moment with some complimentary keys on the piano, all of us forgetting for a few, brief moments that 3 metres away, there was thousands of people waiting for us to be revealed.

"60 seconds!" A voice bellowed, the same girl sprinting back across the stage again, shouting into her headset.

"Guys, gather round, quickly." I ask, gesturing for them all to leave their positions and stand around me. "This is our first show together for Live On Tour. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be sharing this journey with, and I'm ecstatic to see where it leads us. Everyone, remember to have fun, and don't worry about making mistakes!" I laugh, and everyone cheers as they clap their hands together, hastily returning to their spots on stage.