Chapter 12 Kismet

Kismet: fate; destiny

In which...

\(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ♬

The white Lighthouse was floating, giving out a dim light in the dark room Khun was residing in. A memory was playing in his mind as he stared at the unique Lighthouse Evolet made.

"This Lighthouse has a few unique functions other than your typical Lighthouse uses. The first one is it can be upgraded. I guess you could say the rank of the Lighthouse is unknown, but it can withstand technique upgrades for any rank. There should be a few shops that sell Lighthouse techniques, legal or illegally. Secondly, this Lighthouse is more suitable for defensive and support purposes. Most likely because it took on my defensive Shinsu quality since it's my custom Lighthouse... And lastly the third one is-"

"I'll track you down, Eve. For sure." Khun lifted his hand, reaching toward the Lighthouse and fisting it.

"The Lighthouse is connected to me with a Shinsu string. The Lighthouse won't break down from any attack unless I die, think of it as a lifesign. As long as I'm still alive this Lighthouse is practically invincible. And if you find a Guide or a Shinsu string user, you'll be able to track me down with this Lighthouse. Though... I doubt you'll be able to find any Shinsu string user."

\(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ♬

After the somewhat bittersweet reunion with Bam, Evolet retreated to her own room. As soon as the door was closed, she leaned against it and eventually slid down to the floor. Her legs didn't have the strength to hold her up. No tears streamed down this time, unlike the time she left him- them on Evankhell's floor. It hurts in a different way that she couldn't explain. She doesn't know why it hurts when she's not supposed to have these feelings. Hugging her knees, she curled into herself and closed her eyes.

When she opened her eyes again, the previous striking blue-violet orbs had lost a bit of its luster and looked dimmer than usual. She didn't waste any time to figure out her feelings from earlier. Her feelings shouldn't matter, it doesn't. Evolet took a deep breath and proceeded to think up her next moves. She just needs to keep moving on forward. Protecting Bam is her priority, no matter what it always comes first... That was her sole purpose created, nothing else.

When Evolet went out of her room to find Yunuen, he informed her that Luslec agreed to her request quite readily. Although he did also warn that there might be some or many elders that opposed the decision. Evolet only gave a slight nod of affirmation, this was included in her calculations. She doesn't notice how Yunuen looked at her with a mix of worry and pity. He didn't say anything and acted as if everything was normal.

"Tell the elders that I'm willing to cooperate with the other slayers if needed. However, under no circumstances should they mess with Bam- I mean Viole, or anything that he's related to. If they do... Don't say I didn't warn them beforehand."

Yunuen gave her an awkward laugh in resignation. Evolet was a bit tense, there's a mountain of stuff that she needs to so if she's dealing with FUG. But first-

"Yunuen-san, which of the remaining 8 is sealed here?"

Yunuen didn't answer immediately, serving a plate of creme brulee for Evolet instead. She stiffened for a moment before going lax, offering him a sincere grateful smile and a thank you as she ate the delicious treat slowly. Yunuen looked at her, a fond smile on his face. "Urania's item is sealed nearby, in the Temple of Beginning."

Evolet slowed down her bites as she recalled the information about Urania's item. "Urania... Which means it should be the Guiding Lantern. I can use it to locate the other items. Okay, Yunuen-san; please take me to the Temple of Beginning."