Tales of Republic City

Today is the day where I can do anything I want. No trial, no testifying, and no Raiko! You'd think I'd be using this time to spend with my boyfriend, but not today. I will later on this week, but today I am taking my best friends out for a 'The Bestest Most Magical Best Friends Day.' It's going to be just me, Kai, Jinora, and Opal, basically Team Avatar #2!

I sneak into Jinora's room on Air Temple Island. They have no idea we're going out today, so waking them up is going to be fun. Awwwe, she looks so peaceful when she sleeps...

"JINORA, JINORA, JINORA!" I shout while jumping on my best friend's bed, making her fall onto the floor. "WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!"

"Whats going on?" I hear Ikki ask.

"Yeah!" Jinora says grumpy while glaring at me. "Why'd you do that? What are you even doing here?"

"You need to get dressed. I'm taking you, Kai, and Opal out."

"Ohhh, I wanna go!" Ikki says excitingly.

"No, Ikki," Jinora says in a huff.

"No fair, I never get to go anywhere with Li Na," she pouts.

She's right, but I'm still recovering from when we went to look for Korra and she got us captured because she ran away. Of course it all worked out in the end, but still. Keeping up with Ikki takes a lot of energy.

"How about this, we make a day where I take you, Jinora, Meelo, and Rohan out and we all have a 'Brother and Sister Day?'

"But you already have two brothers," Ikki pouts.

"I know, but you guys are like my siblings. We practically grew up together."

I've always known of the airbender kids since I was younger because I'd watch them fly into Air Temple Island on their flying bison. I liked watching them because I thought it was really cool. Of course we had Pabu, but Pabu can't fly and he's not nearly as big as an air bison! We didn't officially meet until I was thirteen years old, and we've all been close ever since.

"Hmm, ok!" She agrees happily and goes back to bed.

"Now, while you get dressed, I'm going to wake Opal."

"Come on, Li. It's early. Can't we sleep in a little? It's not like there's much to do, Republic City is still a wreck."

"But Jinora, the earlier we can get out of here, the more we can do today. And it's not like we haven't started rebuilding. Trust me, I know this place like the back of my hand, I am the one rebuilding it. Pweaseee..." I beg while pulling off my pouty lip.

"Ugh," she grunts as she rolls her eyes. "Fine, now get out. I have to get dressed."

"Yay!" I cheer.

...

"Opal!!!"

I snuck into Opal's room as well. Opal and I have been getting closer these past few years, and I'm really glad that I have her in my life. I'm also very thankful for her being such a good girlfriend to my brother. After Korra let him down, I was really hoping that he'd meet a girl who'd make him happy, then he met Eska... But after her, he met Opal. And not only did they form a beautiful relationship, but I also met my best friend and future sister in law.

I have nothing against Eska. I actually think she's pretty cool, pun unintended, and a great leader, but her and Bolin just wouldn't work. Opal and my brother fit each other well, and I know Opal seems more quiet and reserved, but she and Bolin are more alike than people realize. They're both hilarious! They're super sweet and caring, but they can kick anyone butt like no ones business.