Book 4;6

Zaofu here we come!

Today Korra is confronting Kuvira. Having Korra back, I feel relieved, and I'm just so happy. Look at her, she looks good! And she's finally able to go into the Avatar state. When Zaheer poisoned her, Suyin wasn't able to get it all of the poison out. Korra was losing her mind, so she decided not to return to Republic City because she was terrified and had no idea what was going on within herself. Thanks to Toph and her teachings, Korra was able bend the poison out herself, and now she's able to enter the Avatar state. I'm just so happy for her, and I can't wait for her to take down Kuvira so we can finally go home.

"So how are you and your brothers?" she asks me.

"Well, Mako and I are ok, I guess. I just wish he'd talk about what happened, because every time I bring it up, he changes the subject. I'm still really hurt how things went down between us.

"And you and Bolin?" She asks.

"Well... He's really upset with both Mako and I. Working with Kuvira changed him. I mean, you should've seen his hair, so much gel! I don't even recognize him anymore"

"That's really tough. I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you, Li Na. I promise I'll never let you down again, and if you want me to, I'll knock some sense into Bolin for you."

"Are you kidding me? You and Asami were there for me more than you'll ever know. I'm just glad you were able to work on yourself and get back into the Avatar state. We both needed to do things that we felt was the right thing to do. You needed to take this journey to reconnect with Raava, and I needed to leave to figure out who I am without my brothers."

"I would ask 'when did you get so smart?' But you've always been a genuine," she says with a smile on her face. "I've really missed you, Li. Seems like yesterday you were just a little girl in Republic City waving up at Naga and I as we were being carried away by Lin's metalbenders."

I let out a small laugh as I reminisce about that day. That was the first time I had seen Korra. Little did I know, my life would change forever and I would gain two new lifelong friends, Asami and Korra. Good times!

"Are you sure we should be going to Zaofu? Dad wanted us to bring you back to Republic City," Jinora says to Korra.

"If Kuvira's heading to Zaofu, so am I. She needs to know that the Avatar is back. The world needs to know."

"Woo-hoo!" Meelo yells and startles me a bit. "Avatar fight! This is going to be awesome!"

"Meelo, there's not gonna be a fight. Kuvira saved my dad. She was a captain in Su's guard; I think she can be reasoned with."

"What?" He says with his excitement fading away "No fight? Why did we go through all that trouble to save you if you're not going to beat someone up?"

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but Meelo has a point," I admit to her. "Kuvira is not going to back down just because you ask her to. She can't be easily swayed, and she's really intimidating. She also has Baatar Jr. who clearly wants Kuvira to take over Zaofu."

"Just let me talk to her, please. Then we can go from there."

...

"We're here!" I hear Meelo shout.

I look down at beautiful Zaofu. I've always admired this place, and it means so much to me since this us where I discovered I could bend again- not just bend, but an entirely different element. It's so interesting. Yes there's an entire city down there, but it doesn't take away from the beautiful land scape of trees and mountains. You get the best of both worlds really. I could definitely see myself living here one day. I wonder if Wei is here...