Book 3;12

A\n

*Warning: Long chapter ahead!

This is the last chapter of Book 3. Next chapter will a be a T's and O's, and then we're going into book 4, which I'm super excited about. It's really bitter sweet that this book will be coming to an end soon, but I have other projects that I hope you all like, and this book will always be my baby. Love you guys, and happy reading!

Edit: I did mess with the time the events happened so it can fit into my story better, but the story has not changed.

...

"It's a shame what happened to the Earth Queen, isn't it?" Kimi starts.

Even though the country is on lockdown, and I haven't been to school in a week due to the Earth Queen's killers still being on the loose, I still have work to do for Kimi. She gave me the option to take time off, but she said that she enjoys my company, and I enjoy hers. And she doesn't want to be alone because this whole thing has been putting her on edge. I think it reminds her of when she was traveling with Lord Zuko and their uncle Iroh when they were on the run from Princess Azula. To be honest, both of us are depending on each other for support right now. Lord Zuko is away while their daughter is running the country, and I am still the new girl in town, I don't have anyone here. Sure I have Aki and our friends, but they've been busy with their own families. My brothers are busy with Korra and Asami. I was able to get in touch with Mako, but he couldn't stay on very long, and that was a week ago. He said our family is safe, but the Earth Kingdom is a mess. Fires have been spreading, prisoners have been released onto the streets, and people have been looting and rioting. I was going to tell him I could go to him if he wanted me to, but he hung up before I could. No goodbye, no "be safe," no I love you's, he just hung up. I get it, he was busy. I wish I could've heard Bolin's voice, too, but maybe next time?

"I mean, I guess. I feel like I'd be a lot more sympathetic if she wasn't a terrible person- I'm sorry, that's awful of me to say," I apologize. "It's just... My family was there."

"Oh no, I feel the same way," she says, her answer taking me by surprise. "Sure I didn't want her to die, but what she did to you and those airbenders is unforgivable. I knew Aang, and he would be unbelievably happy about the return of the air nation, shame on the Earth Queen!"

"Wow, Korra would've loved to hear that... I agree, Hou-Ting and the Dai Li are terrible," I agree.

"You're telling me. I remember when I heard the news about the Dai Li killing Katara's first boyfriend. Poor Jet wanted to stop Long Fang and the Dai Li, and he died trying. He wanted nothing more than to see the war end, but he never got the chance to. And don't get me started on that Queen! I knew the Earth King personally, and I can't believe those two were even related, and poor Basco," she rants.

"What happened to Basco?" I ask not sure if I really want to know.

"She ate him!"

My face flushes. I had no idea she did that.

Who eats a bear?!

"Hmm, maybe it isn't such a shame she's gone then," I say awkwardly.

"As an airbender, I can't say I agree, but..."

I smile at my boss. The more I spend time with her, the more comfortable I feel around her, and we've been getting really close. She tells me stories about traveling with both Firelord Zuko and the Avatar, and the trips she's taken into the spirit world. It's a shame how long it took her to return to the Spirit World. Under the circumstances, her spiritual connection was severely blocked. Even now she still struggles to get there, but it's better than not being able to go there at all, and now that Korra has left the spirit portals open, she can go there anytime.