Book 4;11

Operation: Beifong

Have you ever been so nervous that you feel hot and cold at the same time, and you feel like you're going pass out, but also like you want to run away? Yeah, me neither.

I've decided that I am going with Bolin, Opal, and Lin to break out Suyin and her family. As much as I love being with Mako, it's time for a little Bolin and Li Na time... Plus, Kuvira captured my unofficial official boyfriend. If you think I'm going to just sit around and do nothing, well then you don't know me at all. I doubt anything is going to go down with Kuvira because that is Korra's battle, but the small chance there is, I wouldn't miss it for the world... Even if I am scared.

If I'm being honest here, I've been terrified since Kuvira took the Beifong's captive. Not only do I care deeply for Wei, I also love his family, minus Baatar Jr. of course. Opal is my best friend, Wing is a really great friend of mine who is hilarious and can make me laugh no matter the circumstance. Huan is like an older brother who doesn't talk much, but when he does, it's always something interesting, and Suyin and Baatar Sr. are what I imagine my own parents were like. They're kind and extremely intelligent, and when I didn't have my brothers for those three years, they were my family, even when Wei and I broke up. They all mean the world to me, and we're going to get them back, even if it kills me.

We all unload off of Opal's bison, Stinky- At least, that's what I call him. I stretch my arms out while admiring the beautiful view of Zaofu. It really is such a beautiful place. I can see why Kuvira is so obsessed with it, but too bad for her, because we're taking it back.

"All right, let's do this!" Bolin shouts. "Saving the Beifongs and saving our love, because I vow to repair the rift that has grown betwixt us and make us whole again!"

'Ugh,' I grimace.

He's so cute when he's optimistic, but does he have to be so loud? The sun isn't even all the way up yet.

"You. Zip it, now," Lin says as he points to my brother angrily. "I had enough of your babble on the way in.

"Yes, ma'am," he says timidly.

The four of us walk to the edge of the mountainside and crouch out of sight, looking down at the city.

"Kuvira tore down all the domes. Why would she do that?" Opal asks. "She's got a whole battalion of troops stationed there. There's no way we'll be able to spot anything useful from here. We'll have to go in for a closer look."

"Don't bother. All the prisoners have been moved," a voice says from behind.

We all turn around to see Toph Beifong. I wasn't expecting to see her here, but at the same time, I'm not really surprised.

"Uh... hey, Chief," Lin says awkwardly.

"Hey, Chief," she replies.

"Grandma Toph!" Opal cries out happily as she runs into her arms and embraces her in a tight hug.

I do the same and give Toph a hug and a polite hello. I think it's funny I'm allowed to hug her but Korra isn't. I'm guessing Aang wasn't either.

"You were only up to my waist the last time we were together. And you? Well I saw you a few weeks ago," she says to Opal, then to me.

"Oh, man! Ohh, I can't. This can't be happening!" Bolin says excitingly while he waves hands in his face and becoming hysterical.

"What?! Do you have to pee or something?" Toph asks, and Opal and I giggle at my brother.

"No ... well, now maybe. You're my hero! My name is Bolin. That's my sister, and I'm dating your granddaughter- I mean, kind of. I may have screwed that up, but that's why I'm here and you're my hero! And that's my sister- Oh, I said that. Can I have a hug, too?"