Book 4;10

Right now I'm back on Air Temple Island with Korra. It's been awhile since the two of us got to hang out together, just the two of us, so I decided to pay her a visit. She has always been like a sister to me. Yeah we've had our ups and down, but that's what happens sometimes with family. When we went to the South Pole for the first time, I was so annoyed with her, but once I got a feel of what life was like without her, I was miserable.

I really enjoyed hearing Mako talk about everything since meeting Korra and Asami, and it made me realize that being on Team Avatar will always be apart of who I am. Just like how Kimi talks about how she'll always be apart of the old team Avatar, even though Sokka and Avatar Aang have passed on. For years I tried to disconnect myself from that life and tell everyone I'm not a fighter, just an inventor, but in reality, I'm both. I'm really smart and I make things for a living, but I'm also a kickass fighter who has two older brothers who I love. I am surrounded by amazing people, and one of them just so happens to be the Avatar.

Korra and I were catching up and playing with Naga when we notice Opal walking over to us. She looks so sad. I sigh, I just wish I could make the pain go away, but I can't defeat Kuvira by myself. Truth is, I've been struggling, too. Wei promised me they would be fine, and now I have no idea if they're even ok, and on top of that, I haven't heard from Bolin. I try to stay strong for Opal, but as time goes on, the more freaked out I am. Bolin hurt me, yes, but he's still my brother, and I don't want him or anyone else to get hurt.

"Everything okay?" Korra asks.

"No. Kuvira has my family and no one seems to care but me."

"We all care. Don't worry, we'll get them back safely," Korra says softly while putting her hand on Opal's shoulder.

"I'm really sorry, Opal. You know if I could, I'd take Kuvira down myself. She has my brother, and I'm trying really hard not getting myself captured by marching over there and demanding she let them all go."

"Oh, Li Na, I'm so sorry. I've been so focused on myself and getting my family out of there that I haven't checked on you. I know you're incredibly hurt by Bolin, and I can't believe he's doing this to you and Mako."

"Don't be sorry. I know you're worried about your family and Bolin. You can always count on me, and I know I can count on you. To be honest, I'm not even sure if Bolin is there because he supports her, or because she's making him stay there."

The three of us hug when all of a sudden Jinora glides in with her winged glider suit.

"Guys," she says frantically. "There you are! I just felt a weird surge of spiritual energy coming from the Spirit Wilds. Something's wrong."

...

After Jinora told us about the spirit wilds, we decided to take a small trip over there. We all look at each other with concern, I think we can all agree that Jinora might be right. This has Kuvira written all over it.

"I bet it has something to do with Kuvira," I say to Korra.

"Are you sure you felt a disturbance? Maybe you just had some bad food for breakfast," Opal replies.

"I'm telling you, I felt it. Maybe something happened to Ryu's tour group. We should've run into them by now."

"Yeah, but it's Ryu. They might be at the mall for all we know," Korra says.

"Something does feel off," I notice. "I'm not even 'spiritually talented' like Jinora, but the atmosphere just seems so... so, I don't know, weird?"

"Korra, can't you feel how strange the energy is?" Jinora asks.

"No ... but maybe I can get a reading."

Closing her eyes, Korra puts her hand on the vine she is standing next to. The vegetation beneath her hand glows, and moments later she pulls back her hand from the root.