Book 3;4

It's been a few days since Kai and I were kidnapped, days since I've told Jinora that we'd all be back, and days since I've seen my friends and family. Don't ask me how many days, because really, I don't know. I've lost track. I hate it here. The agents are mean, I'm hungry, and sleeping on the ground is a lot more uncomfortable than I remember. And the worst part of it all, the way they treat the airbenders. They're treated like weapons and are abused and over worked. Airbenders are suppose to be free spirits. It's not fair to keep them locked away in this concrete prison. It's like they can never catch a break! Airbending is such a powerful element, and it can be dangerous, yet the airbenders are so kind, so peaceful, and unfortunately, all throughout history, that's why they've been taken advantage of.

I'm so over getting kidnapped! I feel like I'm trapped in a mover, or some kind of book where I'm the main character!

I've gotten Kai out of a lot of trouble. The guards have taken a disliking to the both of us, and I take the blame every time. Surprisingly, I guess I don't mind. If anything happened to him, Jinora, Bolin, and Tenzin would be devastated. We all know Jinora is in love with him, Bolin loves having a little brother, even though I don't get it because I've always thought I was enough for him, and Tenzin depends on him since he is the future of the Air Nation. Plus, I like Kai, he isn't so bad. He takes good care of me! I admit, I was wrong about him.

During my time here, I think I can honestly say I miss food the most. The headaches, the severe stomach aches from the lack of food is a lot. They make sure they don't give me much food, and the food they do give is awful. The fatigue is really bad, sometimes I can barely stand. I'm a growing girl! They can't possibly believe I can survive off of air and the little bit of disgusting scraps they call food! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss Mako's cooking. When the guards aren't watching, Kai actually gives me his food. Which is probably better for him, because like I said, the food is NASTY. I don't know, I think me and Kai make a good team. The circumstances aren't the best, but we make it work.

This is much different from when I was captured by Amon. I may be older and stronger, but the Dai Li are no joke. I guess it isn't so surprising, the Dai Li are generations in, trained by Kyoshi themselves. The Equalist, as scary as they are, wouldn't stand a chance against them.

Don't get me wrong, everyone here is mistreated, and the guards treat these people like we're animals that need to be trained- no, even animals don't deserve to be treated like this. These airbenders need to be free and learn about their new found abilities. I hate that the only thing they've experienced since becoming airbenders are these concrete walls and harsh treatments. In ancient times, the airbenders were free and one with the universe, and now that they're back, they deserve to know who they are.

"Hey, Li, are you awake?"

I turn over to see Kai, and I give him a small smile to let him know I'm ok. It looks like he's hiding something under his shirt.

"Good morning," I greet him.

"Good morning, I brought you some food. I'm sorry it's not much," he says as he presents me with a small bread roll and a tin cup of water.

"You're a lifesaver, Kai."

He sits in front of me as I tear into my "meal." Even though it's not much, I am still so grateful, and it's not the worst thing I've ever had. I went all night feeling like I was starving, and something is always better than nothing. I appreciate Kai for doing this. In the beginning, I did judge him. And maybe I was a tad bit jealous that my brother wanted him to be his little brother, and that my best friend is in love with him, but I can admit that I was wrong. Kai is actually a good person who just needs the proper guidance, and I guess Bolin is the perfect person to do that.