Book 4;13;1

1/2

My heart is pounding. I guess that's a good sign, I'm still alive. I'm sweating, and it feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. Time is going in slow motion. I look at Bolin, and he looks just as miserable. Korra saved us from Kuvira's blast, but it's me and Bolin holding up the ruins of this building with our earthbending. I've never lifted anything quite so heavy. I'm glad my brother is here helping me, I don't think I could do this on my own.

"Go ahead, take your time," Bolin says as our friends and family make their way out from under the rubble. "Just bending a giant wall! Man, have we got a lot of people hurt!"

I look in horror as Suyin and Bumi carry out an unconscious Baatar Jr.

He looks terrible.

I hope he'll be ok, but I can't say I didn't see this coming. I'm sorry, I just didn't have the most confidence in his and Kuvira's relationship.

Bolin and I look at each other, we then at the same time toss the crumbling building that's hovering over our heads to the ground, and it lands with a big thud. I dust my hands off and we run to the others. We all look at Tenzin for some guidance.

"Kuvira is heading our way with a platoon of mecha suits!" He exclaims.

"What should we do?" Asami asks.

This is definitely serious. I've never known Asami to be so helpless and not know what to do. She usually has all the answers, which is why I've depended on her for so long. If she doesn't know what to do, then neither do I. All I know is, I'm not leaving my city to be concurred.

"This is my hometown, and I hate to say it," Bolin starts. "But there's no use risking all our lives to fight that giant thing! Let her take the city for now! We'll think of some way to come back and beat her."

"What about all the people who haven't been evacuated yet?" Mako asks. "If Kuvira finds out that Wu is with them, she might fire that spirit cannon at him and take them all out."

"Yeah," I agree with Mako. "And I don't know about you guys, but I'm not leaving my home to be destroyed by Kuvira. I'll do whatever I have to do to get her out of here."

"I couldn't stop Kuvira from taking Zaofu," Korra states strongly. "I'm not letting her conquer Republic City. The world isn't safe as long as she has that weapon."

"I agree," a strong voice says from behind us. We all turn around to see Lin. "We take down that giant today."

"Lin!"

"Glad to see you all made it out. You had me worried."

"Well you benders are going to have to fight her alone," Varrick says. "She just blew up our factory with all our hummingbird suits."

"Not all of them," Asami replies. "There are the prototypes back at my office. If we can get those ready to fly, we'll at least be able to offer a little air support."

"Su, you take Baatar Jr. and the rest of the wounded back to Asami's office," Korra orders. "Get those suits working as soon as you can. The rest of us will just have to face Kuvira on our own."

...

Once again my body is rattled with anxiety as we approach Kuvira's giant mechasuit. It's a lot bigger up close. Even though I am terrified, I'm not going to freeze up this time, there's no time for that. We need to take advantage of every second that passes and use them to try to take Kuvira down.

I look up at the airbenders as they circulate around Kuvira. There's not much I can do as a metalbender since this thing is made out of platinum, but I can be an extra pair of eyes for the airbenders and Bolin.