Book 4;13;2

2/2

Seeing Hiroshi again makes me dizzy. I didn't think seeing him again would affect me so much, but it does.. A LOT. I haven't seen him since he was arrested that day. He's written me a few letters since then, but that was years ago. I know it sounds childish, and what he did was a long time ago, but I just don't know if I'm ready to forgive him. He left Asami and betrayed her, he called my brothers street rats, I was kidnapped and held hostage by those people. I was paralyzed...

"I know what you all must think of me, but I love Republic City, and I would do anything to save her," Hiroshi announces.

"You think you know how to defeat this thing?" Korra asks him.

"You must act like an infection: break the skin and attack its vital organs, disconnect the heart and the brain and this beast cannot live."

"But how are we supposed to get inside?" Korra asks.

"Future Industries has plasma saws for cutting platinum. If we had one on the mecha suit ..."

"But the saws are way too big. We'd never get the suits off the ground," Asami cuts him off.

"I think I can add an electrical element to the welding torch on your suit and convert it into a plasma saw. Then we'll just have to land on the giant and cut open a hole big enough for someone to get in."

"Like a metal mosquito," I say.

"You know what happens to mosquitoes that land on me?" Varrick asks. "I squash 'em!"

'He's got a point,' I think to myself, and we all look at Korra for our next move.

"We'll have to attack in a swarm to try to keep you guys safe in the hummingbird suits. It looks like they're our only hope."

...

As cool as it would be, I'm not going to fly in a hummingbird suit. I'm going to be waiting with my brothers to go inside the mechasuit and take that thing down from the inside. There's no way I am ever leaving them again, and I'm not letting them go into that metal monster without me. We started this journey together, and it'll remain that way... Together.

"Look how big you've gotten."

I turn around. Oh, it's Hiroshi. I stand there awkwardly, I don't know what to do. Here's the thing, I'd like to forgive Hiroshi and just move on, but even hearing his name puts me in a dark place. I thought he was the coolest guy ever, and the fact I thought he believed in me. He made me feel special and even normal. I thought of him like my father. He betrayed me, he betrayed all of us, and because of that, I lost not just my ability to walk, I also lost a piece of myself. And no matter how far I've come, there's a big part of me that I still haven't got back, and I don't know if I ever will.

"Oh, um, yeah."

"Did you read the letters I wrote you?" He asks.

"No, I haven't gotten to them yet," I answer stubbornly.

"Well I just wanted you to know that I am truly sorry for everything I put you through. Really, I'm sorry. And I'm happy to see you walking agai-"

"How could you do that?" I cut him off. "How could you do that to Asami? You left her with a mess! It was hell for her trying to get YOUR business off the ground after you betrayed her. And taking me in? Treating me like your own? Then betraying not just me, but my brothers as well? How could you be so heartless?! I was a child! I was paralyzed, and I was held hostage for weeks! You don't know what they did to me in there! It was torture, and it's all your fault!"

I didn't mean to say all of that... I thought I let all of that go when I was with Katara in the South Poles. I mean, I didn't fully forgive him, but I let it go because Amon is gone. So why do I feel this way?!