Book 3;3

I am so annoyed. These past few days have been stressful. We've searched everywhere for new airbenders, and when we finally found one, he turned out to be a dishonest and a thief! ...and some how my new brother according to Bolin. Why is he so set on making this random kid his new little brother anyway, what's wrong with me? Plus, he already has Mako as a brother! And I think Jinora likes this kid. She's my best friend, I just don't want her to get her heart broken by this guy who lied to us the first five minutes of knowing him! And I reeeeaaallllly don't want another brother, I already have two!

Speaking of Kai, that's his name, where is he?

"Kai, little bro?" Bolin yells around the airship.

"He's not over here," Bumi says busting through the door.

"I don't think I've seen him since we landed," Asami notices, and I nod in agreement.

"I knew that kid was no good. He was just waiting for an opportunity to run away again," Mako says angrily.

"We have to find him," Jinora says worried.

'Oh my gosh, Jinora! Don't worry, we'll find your boyfriend,' I think to myself and roll my eyes annoyingly at my best friend.

"What's the point?" Mako asks. "He obviously doesn't care about us."

Again, I agree with Mako.

"But he's my new little brother. He's probably lost, and scared." Bolin cries.

"He is just a little boy," Tenzin replies. "And he's our responsibility. Besides, he's the only airbender we've recruited so far, we can't lose him."

I guess Tenzin is right. He is younger than me, I should look out for him, especially since he's the future of the Air Nation.

"Fine. Bolin and I will find him," Mako says.

"What about me? I wanna go, too!" I tell my brother.

"Absolutely not," Mako says, immediately shutting me down.

"I'm with Mako, little sis. People are disappearing. I'd feel better if you'd stay here and look out for him here."

"But they're capturing airbenders, I can't even bend," I point out.

"But... you're an important part of team Avatar. We don't want another Amon situation where they take advantage of your genius," Mako explains.

I hate when they're actually right, but I want to goooo.

"Hmm, fine," I pout.

You win this round.

...

That's it! No more sitting around. Neither Mako, Bolin, or Kai have come back by now, and it's been hours. I'm worried sick! I know Tenzin told me not to do anything, and they'll come back, but I have to find my brothers. Something just doesn't feel right.

I take off my clothes and change into a black long sleeve shirt and matching pants to blend in with the night, and I put my hair up in a bun. I stuff the picture of Mako, Bolin, and I in my pocket and head out of my room that I share with Jinora. Every one is sleep, so this should be easy.

"Where are you going?" I hear a voice ask.

I slowly turn around to see Jinora with her arms crossed in an already disapproving manner.

She's such a mom sometimes.

"Fine, you caught me. I'm going to go look for my brothers and Kai. Something doesn't feel right about this entire city, and I fear something bad has happened," I explain, my voice low so no one can hear me.