Book 3;7

Another day of watching Korra perfect her metalbending, but this time Wei and Wing are practicing with her. Wei was so excited to spar with the Avatar until he found out that Wing is actually the one sparring with Korra, and he's going to spar with Bolin instead. He tried to hide his disappointment because Bolin is my brother, but I can tell he's really sad about it. Wing and Korra are doing great out there, of course I'm sad that Wei is disappointed, but with Wing being my friend, I'm happy for him. He fires two meteorites at Korra, but she dodges them and sends her metal cable flying at him. He dodges it both times, traps it on the ground, and bends it back at her. The impact knocks Korra to the ground. Wing has the biggest smile on his face as he fist pumps the air.

"I can't believe I'm sparring with the Avatar!" He exclaims.

Bored and frowning, "I can't believe I'm stuck with her friend," Wei complains.

"Hang on," Bolin stalls. "I think I got it. Let me just try this."

He attempts to bend the meteorite, but fails miserably.

"Nope, okay maybe-" He is cut off by Wei who nails him with a slab of metal.

"Leave him alone," I scold Wei, even though it was really funny.

"Trial by fire. It's the best way to learn metalbending," He says cheekily.

Bolin ducks as a meteorite is sent flying towards him. He quickly bends a pebble at Wei, and it hits him directly on his forehead.

"Agh!" Wei exclaims.

"Hahahahahahahaha-" I laugh hysterically, but cut myself off when I see Wei pout like a little baby.

"I mean, awwwwe," I fake and blow a kiss to his forehead.

I hear a cough behind us and I turn to see Mako who is frowning at me, and Asami by his side who is smirking at me. I wish he'd give me a break, 'Mr. I love two girls but I'm just going to date both of them and waste their time.' If you can't tell, I'm rolling my eyes.

They're so annoying!

"Nice shot, Bolin! But I thought you were supposed to be practicing metalbending, not earthbending," Mako says.

"Yeah, cheater!" Wei exclaims dramatically and rubs his forehead red.

"Stop, you're going to irritate it," I whisper to him.

"Mako, metalbending is extremely difficult. No one gets it right away, if they can get it at all! It's not normal!"

I breath in sharply, but no one notices. My hands begin to tingle again, and I massage them once again trying to get them to stop. While everyone continues to talk, Korra grabs me by the arm and gently takes me to the side.

"Ok, what's going on with you? And don't lie, something is different about you, it's like your energy or something. Nothing bad, but something has definitely changed."

Well, there's no use lying to her, she knows me too well.

"Don't tell anyone, but ever since we arrived in Zaofu, I've been having this reaction every time I get around metal. My hands, they feel different, like- kind of like they're buzzing, maybe vibrating? Here, feel."

I grab her hands in mine. She stands there for a moment, and then she looks up at me wide eyed.

"Whoa, that's so cool! How are you doing that?" She asks excitingly.

"I'm not- well, at least not on purpose," I tell her.

"Hmm, maybe you're a metalbender," she says nonchalantly.