Ch 33: A First for Two Becoming One

Start from the beginning

"You are mine. Only mine and I will not let him take you from me," Alastor whispered harshly.

"Dearest, talk to me. Where have you been the last few days?" Olivia pressed herself closer to him.

Alastor sighed deeply. "I was trying to find some way to protect you from being summoned. A spell or ritual to shield you from his grasp, but it is the power of an Angel. Nothing is more powerful then that down here." Alastor's teeth ground together. "There is nothing I can do to save you this time."

Olivia gazed sadly at him as a small smile came to her face. "You shouldn't have to keep saving me, dearest. I'm not worth running yourself ragged for."

Alastor huffed a small laugh. "You say that, and yet, here I am."

Olivia smiled wider and sighed as she rubbed her nose against his.

"Stubborn demon," Olivia teased.

Alastor laughed low. "Only for you." He sighed deeply again. "I need to go. I need to be distracted. I need to eat."

"Even you need rest, dearest." Olivia gazed at him with slight concern. She brushed her thumb under his eye, over the darkened circles.

"Not yet. I need something else right now." Alastor pulled away, kissing her hands before he started to walk away. "Get some sleep, love."

"Wait! Let me come with you, at least." Olivia ran forward and gripped his hand. "I don't want you alone right now."

Alastor hesitated, locking eyes with her over his shoulder, before sighing and smiling wider, almost predatory.

"Are you sure, darling? You are going to see things you might not be prepared for," Alastor whispered as he walked towards her, standing inches from her body. His eyes bore into her, seemingly into her soul. They glowed brightly, illuminating her face as his voice darkened. "Things that help strengthen my reputation."

Olivia smiled and stood her ground. "I don't think I can ever be prepared for the things you do, but it doesn't lessen my excitement to see it in action."

Alastor backed up a step, raising a brow in intrigue. "Well then," Alastor snapped his fingers and Olivia was instantly dressed, Alastor offering her his arm. "Shall we hit the town, darling?"

Olivia laughed as she hooked her arm in his. "Of course, dearest."

Alastor snapped his fingers again and shadow consumed them, transporting them to the top of a tall tower in a busy neighbourhood. Olivia gasped lightly at the height, pressing herself into his side.

"This will give you a front row seat to my show, sweetheart!" Alastor excitedly exclaimed.

"S-sure..." Olivia took a deep breath as a gust of wind billowed around her, causing her hair and dress to fly about.

Alastor chuckled, kissed her forehead and squeezed her hands before letting go. He walked backwards, keeping eye contact with her as he walked closer to the edge. He stepped up onto the ledge and winked at Olivia, causing her to giggle. Alastor flung his arms to the side and fell back over the ledge, falling to the street. Olivia gasped with a smile and ran to the edge, instantly forgetting her fear of heights as she watched Alastor gracefully landed on his feet in the middle of the street, kneeling with his head down. As his feet touched the ground, a wave of static burst from his body, creating a red barrier that was inescapable once you entered. The demons in the busy street all stopped what they were doing, glancing at the barrier and at the newcomer, not recognizing whose presence they were in yet. A soft murmur shot through the crowd as some walked forward towards Alastor, hesitantly.