Ch 14: Reginald Shultz

Olivia awoke to Charlie screaming her name. She had only been out for a minute. Charlie and Vaggie were holding her while Husker and Angel were blocking the man from getting any closer to her. She looked at him in the eyes and scooted herself as far as she could.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, please." Her eyes were wide with panic as the man chuckled darkly.

"Is that anyway to greet your husband after 60 years, my love?" He took a step forward, but Angel and Husker moved closer together to block him. He scoffed and waved a hand.

"Can you lesser beast's move so I can retrieve my property? I do not have all day."

Angel bristled at the word 'property', knowing what it was like to be a thing.

"Who the hell do you think you are!?" Angel took out two tommy guns and pointed them at him.

"Not that you deserve to know, but I am Reginald. Reginald Shultz."

Everyone gaped at him as he smirked. Olivia was still trying to inch herself away.
Charlie was the first to speak.

"Shultz? As in THE Shultz? The serpent demon family?" Charlie glanced down at Olivia and it made sense. The Von Bast's and the Shultz were as close as two families could be. "You were married to him when you were alive?"

Olivia shook uncontrollably and breath heavily. "Noooooo, please nooooooo. Don't let him take me, please!" She grasped Charlie's jacket and pressed her face to her shoulder. "Don't let him touch me again!"

Charlie wrapped her arms around Olivia and turned to Niffty.

"Go find Alastor, NOW!"

Niffty nodded and was gone. Reginald snickered.

"You really think that radio reject can stop me? I have searched years for her, and I'm not letting her go now. I'm taking my property, now."

Four more serpent demons came through the door and flanked Reginald. Two went on either side of him as they circled Angel and Husker. Vaggie stood and made her spear appear as she ran over to the others and stood with them. The battle started. The guests that had been curiously watching took off as blades clashed and gunshots rang in the air, but Olivia didn't hear any of it. All she heard was the familiar jingling of chains and Reginald laughing.

Everyone was so focused on the four lackeys, they didn't notice Reginald scale the wall and land in front of Charlie and Olivia. Charlie stood in front of her and her demonic form appeared.

"You will not touch her!" Before Charlie could do anything, Reginald's hand glowed, and he lashed out. His lightning speed surprised Charlie and it was just enough to hit her in the leg, paralyzingly her so she couldn't walk. Olivia scooted back, her shakes making it difficult. She kept whispering 'No' repeatedly. Reginald stepped forward and reached for her.

"Time to come home, my little kitten."

Olivia closed her eyes and screamed. Reginald's laugh was then cut off as darkness filled the foyer. Olivia opened her eyes and saw Reginald looking around confused. Then she heard another familiar sound. Static and screeching became louder and louder, seemingly coming towards them. Two red radio dials appeared over Reginald's shoulder and the darkness enveloped him. She heard multiple men screaming in the darkness, but her panic attack consumed her and she couldn't breathe. The darkness lifted but her eyes clouded over, the room becoming smaller as it closed in around her. In the distance she heard someone running off.

Olivia felt like she was about to pass out, her breath came in short gasps as she gulped, her lungs closing up. Her head pounded against her skull and her shakes almost looked like a seizure. Then she felt a pair of hands lift her into a sitting position, shoving her head between her knees and a voice told her to breathe. It took almost ten minutes before it was only bearable. Once she finally could catch a deep breath, and she looked up. Alastor was kneeling before her with his hands on her shoulders and an unnerving smile. The others were behind him with looks of desperate concern. Charlie was helped up by Vaggie as the paralysis slowly wore off. She looked around and saw four bodies strewn across the entrance, but Reginald wasn't one of them.