Ch 10: The Unbearable Itch

The itch. It starts small, then grows to unbearable proportions. Olivia's desperate need for carnage. It comes every 8 months or so. Starts as an itch on the scars on her wrist, then grows into her chest. As much as Olivia loves to kill, she only does it when she needs and boy, does she need. Three months after New Year, the itch returned. She didn't want her new friends to know so she would have to be quiet about it. Find an opportunity and take it. She had perfected her timing at waiting for the right moment. Most of the time, it was scumbags coming out of the strip clubs. Still, she will wait. Be patient. Her time will come.

She scratches her wrist as she enters the kitchen with a yawn. Another nightmare last night. The dark circles under her eyes hidden by concealer. She sees Alastor gathering food items and he turns as she enters.

"Good morning, my dear!" He greeted enthusiastically.

Olivia gives a small wave and a quiet 'morning.' Alastor cocks an eyebrow at her.

"Does not look like you slept well last night."

Olivia just nodded and walked over to the sink to wash her hands. There was a paper on the counter where she briefly read the headline 'Star Singer Missing' but she really didn't care. As she turned the handle on, the water sprayed out of the nozzle to the right connected to the hose, right into her face. She screeched and flung her hand in front of her, desperate to find the handle to turn it off. She finally found it and stood there, dripping wet as she heard a boisterous laugh from behind her. She turned, her wet hair whipping her face as she glared at the Radio Demon.

"Are you awake now? That sure looked refreshing."

"Alastor! Wha- what did you do!?" Olivia wiped her face with the hand towel that hung on the wall. She looked at the handle of the nozzle and saw a clear elastic band holding it shut, making sure it came on when the handle to the regular spout was turned on. "You jackass!" She laughed and threw the towel at his head.

Alastor caught it no problem as his grin was almost splitting his face in half. This had been going on for the last month. A prank by him here, a prank by her there. It had been innocent fun between them. She hoped that meant he was becoming more comfortable with her. That he thought of her as a friend as she had been here for 9 months now. She looked down at her dress as water soaked her chest and shoulders.

"Great. Now I have to go change." She placed her hands on her hips and glared at him with a smirk. "And I will take my time so you have to prep all by yourself!"

Alastor shrugged and tossed her a dry towel. She put it on her head and walked out.

"That's all fine with me, my dear. So worth it!" He threw his hands in the air and walked towards the fridge,

Olivia giggled and walked back to her room. She grumbled as she changed into a fresh dress and bra. As she walked past the foyer, she noticed someone at the front desk talking to Husker. He was being directed towards Charlie's office. He had short dark blue hair and striking blue eyes. He looked almost human if it wasn't for the horns on his head, pointed ears and pale skin. Olivia walked towards the front desk as the stranger knocked on Charlie's door and walked in, closing it behind him.

"Who was that?" She asked Husker.

He grunted. "He's here for the singer position. Charlie wants another singer, so it doesn't all fall on ya."

Olivia stared at Charlie's office. "Huh. That would be nice."

For the last three months, she has performed every Friday and Saturday. It was great, but that meant she couldn't have fun with her friends and dance. So it was nice to see that Charlie would be hiring another singer so she can have a night off here and there. As she thought that, Charlie came out of her office with the stranger. Olivia had to admit it, he was handsome.