Ch 25: True Colours

Olivia was applying her lipstick as Angel adjusted his shorts in the mirror.

"I'm not sure how much more beautiful I can be. You ready to head back yet? I'm sure your man is missing ya." Angel wiggled his shoulders as he turned to Olivia.

Olivia huffed a laugh. "Yes, D. Let's go."

They walked out of the room and headed down the hallway. As they reached the bottom of the stairs, a loud crash was heard down by the kitchen. Olivia and Angel glanced at each other before heading in the direction of the noise. The sound of plates breaking and pots being thrown continued to get louder as they walked down the hallway. Olivia burst open the door and flinched as a plate smashed on the wall beside her head.

"What the fuck is happening!?" Angel shouted as he entered behind Olivia.

Olivia glanced up to see James, disheveled and swaying, throwing bowls to the floor.

"James! What is the meaning of this!?" Olivia stalked up to him. Angel reached a hand out to stop her but was to late.

James spun around at the sound of her voice. His smile dripped with venom as she walked closer.

"Ah, there she is. The heartbreaker! The destroyer of love!" James stumbled as he took a swig of the bottle of alcohol in his hand.

Olivia looked back at Angel who just shrugged.

"James, what are you talking about?" Olivia tried to sound as comforting as possible to calm him.

James leaned his hands on the counter and and hung his head.

"I was the one for you, not him. I've never hurt you like he has." James raised his head and Olivia stepped back at the amount of hatred radiating from his eyes. "I love you more then he does. I deserve you. You belong to ME!" He grabbed her shoulders and shook her, his claws digging into her arms, causing her to bleed.

Angel grabbed James' arm and threw him off her, flinging him hard against the wall.

"Get the fuck offa her, you sick bastard!" Angel stood between James and Olivia.

James' eyes started to glow red. He raised his hand and Angel started to levitate.

"When the fuck could he do that?" Angel exclaimed as he started to scramble for something to hold onto as he was lifted into the air.

Olivia cried out as Angel was sent hard into the wall, sending cracks running up to the ceiling as his head connected with the tile. Olivia ran over to his crumpled body and wrapped an arm around Angel's shoulders as blood dripped to the ground from the wound on Angel's head. His head spun violently, unable to keep any semblance of balance as he tried to stand. Olivia kept him seated, inspecting the gash. James' swayed hard and collapsed into the island, laughing to himself at his own clumsiness. Olivia pressed a cloth to Angel's head and turned to James.

"How dare you! How could you think I could ever want to be with you, especially after what you just did to Angel!?"

James laughed mockingly. "You know, I have been thinking." He straightened as much as he could and clasped his hands behind his back. "I'm in Hell for a reason! I'm a terrible person. I killed and maimed when I was alive! I deserve someone who adores me! Loves that side of me and I thought it was you, but you had to choose an Overlord."

Olivia grabbed Angel's hand and pressed it to the cloth, then she stood and walked towards James. "Alastor is 100 times the man you only dream of being! You could never match him in any aspect, even if you lived for a 1000 years. You are nothing compared to him. Just weak, pathetic excuse for a man."