Ch 30: The Von Bast Estate Expedition

Beginne am Anfang

"Ha! You may change your name, but you will always still be that worthless whore who stained the Von Bast name with your adulterous acts. If Reginald had done his job properly, he should have smothered that annoying spark that gives you such an attitude. Since he fails, I'd be more then happy to give you a sever attitude adjustment."

Olivia deflated slightl at the threat as Charlie and Angel took a step closer to her. Her hands began to shake and her head spun as her breathing became shorter and shorter. Her body felt like it had begun to shrink under with hateful stare, feeling like the small and insignificant kitten he has beaten into her as a child. Before she could do or say anything, a familiar hand wrapped around her shoulder and brought her into a side embrace.

"Sending such a pathetic creature to snuff out a spark so brilliant ended up fanning it into a roaring fire that will eventually come to consume you." Alastor grinned wide as he appeared beside Olivia, his eyes narrowing. He hugged Olivia tighter to his side. "Also, if you touch what is mine in any way, you will have much more problems then running out of wine tonight."

A small smile came to Olivia's face as Alastor spoke, pressing herself into the body. Paul sneered, then glanced between Alastor and Olivia, at their close proximity. Paul smirked and snickered.

"Alastor. Always a pleasure." Paul gritted his teeth. "I didn't expect you to attend my masquerade. I can not believe a demon of your..... 'prowess' would allow such whorish trash to be in you presence, let alone taint your bed with such damaged goods."

Olivia felt the anger rise in Alastor, his claws on her shoulder started to grow and his eyes began to glow and morph. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could voice his response, Charlie stepped in front of them.

"Lord Von Bast," Olivia had never heard such command come from Charlie's voice before, "I suggest you move along before I alert my father of your rudeness and abuse towards my friends. He will not be happy that you cause such a burden for him to deal with." Charlie smiled wide as her eyes dilated.

Paul's eyes widened for a moment before narrowing, a smirk creeped onto his face as he bowed deeply.

"Of course, Princess Charlotte." Paul straightened. He cast a glare at Olivia before walking past her and whispering, "You will get what's coming to you." and continued on to his other guests.

"What a fucking asshole." Angel scoffed once Paul had walked away.

Olivia let out the breath she hadn't realized she had been holding and leaned heavily into Alastor's side. She looked up to see Alastor with his eyes closed, reigning in his anger. He opened them to glance down at her with worry. Olivia smiled brightly before turning to Charlie.

"Thank you."

Charlie grinned. "I don't use my status often, but sometimes it feels great to boss certain people around."

Olivia chuckled. Alastor perked up as a slow song started and he grinned. He pulled away from Olivia to grasp her hands and pull he to the crowded dance floor, where countless coupled were pressed intimately against each other. The singer's voice floated throughout the room.

And I'd give up forever to touch you

'Cause I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment

And all I can breathe is your life

And sooner or later it's over

I just don't wanna miss you tonight

Alastor pulled Olivia close, wrapping an arm around her and holding her other hand over his heart. Olivia smiled wide as she listened to the song, reminding her of their first dance. She wondered if he remembered as well.