Chubs - Zonah

Requested by anonymous:)

  Type: fluff
Warnings: none

🧸✨ be the best you, because nobody can be you better than yourself

Third person

"Hi momma," Zach said into the phone.

"Hi sweetie, how are you?" Myta asked, a soft tone in her voice. She knew something was off with her son, as he never called this late unless something was wrong.

"I'm good, how about you?"

"I'm good darling. What's wrong? You never call this late."

"I really miss you and dad, and Ryan and Reese, I miss being home with you guys," Zach explained, having to bite his lip to hold back tears.

"Oh Zach, it's okay honey. You're coming home for Christmas break in a couple months, it'll be alright," Myta explained, trying to sooth the upset boy. "And you can call anytime you want."

"I-I know, thanks mom."

"No problem, how about you get some sleep now okay? Call me sometime tomorrow?" Myta suggested, she could hear the tiredness in his voice.

"Okay, good night momma, I love you."

"I love you too Zach, good night."

Zach hung up the phone and placed it back on the bedside table. He laid back down and held Chubs close to him. Jonah moved closer to the boy and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"You okay Baby?" Jonah asked, yawning from being woken up.

"Yeah Jo, I'm alright. Sorry for waking you," Zach frowned as he looked at the clock, 11:00pm.

"It's okay bubba, do you want to talk or cuddle?"

"Cuddling sounds nice."

Jonah let go of Zach's waist then moved to lay on his back, he tapped his chest gently then Zach laid down, he rested his head on the older boy's chest and held Chubs close to him and Jonah. Jonah ran his hand up and down Zach's back to try to relax him enough for him to sleep again.

"Just remember you always have me and the guys, we're always here for you bub," Jonah reassured.

"Thank you Jo, I love you."

"I love you too Zach, go to sleep darling."

Zach closed his eyes then fell into the peaceful state of sleep.

•the next morning•

Zach walked downstairs beside Jonah with Chubs in his arms, he hugged the teddy bear close to him and held it tightly. He slowly followed Jonah to the kitchen then he sat on the stool.

"What are you, a 5 year old with a little teddy?" Jack teased as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah I guess," Zach forced out, a fake chuckle coming after. He loosened his grip on Chubs and tried to hide him under the counter. Jack laughed with him then grabbed a water bottle and went back to the living room. Zach tried to smile so it seemed like Jack's comment didn't bother him, but Jonah saw the pain in the boy's eyes. He could read Zach like a book.

••

Throughout the day, Zach continued to keep Chubs close to help him with his homesickness, but Jack, Daniel, and Corbyn continued to tease him. He even got teased while they were in a meeting for tour. He felt hopeless at this point, and all he wanted to do was be at home with his family.

••

As soon as the band got home from the meeting, Jonah pulled Zach aside into the kitchen.

"Is the teasing bothering you baby?" Jonah asked softly. He pulled Zach closer to him by his waist and gently caressed the soft skin under his hoodie.

Zach looked down and nodded, tears filled his eyes to the brim. Jonah gently pulled Zach's head up and made eye contact with him. As soon as he saw the tears, he frowned and pulled Zach into a hug. "Oh bubba, it's okay," Jonah said softly. Zach bursted into tears. Jonah slowly rocked back and forth while rubbing Zach's back, he knew those were the best ways to calm the crying boy. "I love you so much Zachy, so much."

"I l-love you too Jobear," Zach replied, sniffling into Jonah's shirt. They slowly pulled away from the hug and Jonah wiped Zach's tears with a sad smile.

"If they tease you again I'll let them know you don't like it, alright?" Jonah offered. Zach nodded gratefully.

"Ok," Zach agreed. Jonah gently pecked Zach's lips before leading him back out to the living room.

The couple sat down on a couch and cuddled up with one another, Zach of course making sure Chubs was included. Jonah ran his hand up and down Zach's back and periodically placed gentle kisses on his forehead.

"Yo Jonah, doesn't it get annoying with Zach having Chubs all the time?" Corbyn asked.

"Yeah, he gets kind of clingy with that thing," Daniel added.

"I don't mind him having Chubs with him, Chubs helps him with his homesickness and anxiety, so I don't mind at all. And if anything, your comments and judgements on him aren't helping anything so if you could please stop teasing him that would be great," Jonah ranted, making sure they fully understood him.

Corbyn, Jack, and Daniel all immediately felt bad, they never meant to make Zach feel like that.

  "I'm sorry Zach, I didn't think it would make you feel worse, I thought it was all just fun and games," Jack admitted.

"Yeah, we're sorry too," Daniel said, motioning to himself and Corbyn. Corbyn nodded in agreement.

Zach smiled at them gratefully.

"It's okay, I love you guys," Zach replied.

"We love you too Zach," Corbyn said.

Zach cuddled back into Jonah and Chubs, he definitely wouldn't let go of the little guy for a while.

•••
That ending was trash💅