College - Zonah

Type: fluff/kinda sad
Warnings: none
Wc: 1352

🧸✨ you are more than enough, never forget that

Third person

Having an age gap was never a problem for Zach and Jonah since it was only a two year difference, but it became a bigger issue when it was time for Jonah to go to college.

Jonah had gotten a full ride baseball scholarship to go to Harvard, which was all the way across the country. The two boys grew up in California, and they had originally planned for Jonah to stay nearby for school, that was until he got the scholarship. Zach knew he couldn't hold Jonah back from his dreams, so he didn't, he told Jonah to accept the offer.

Zach laid in Jonah's arms on the porch swing, Jonah held him close and kissed him over and over.

"I'm going to miss you," Zach whispered against Jonah's lips.

"I'm going to miss you too," Jonah replied, pecking Zach's lips again. Zach's eyes filled with tears, he hated crying in front of Jonah so he tried to hold them back. Jonah frowned and cupped Zach's cheek in his hand, pulling away slightly so they could make eye contact. "Don't cry honey. I'll be back for thanksgiving break, then Christmas break, then spring break, then before you know it it'll be summer again," Jonah explained.

"That's so long without you," Zach cried.

"I know love, I know," Jonah agreed. "But we can FaceTime or call whenever you want."

"But it's not the same."

"I know."

The two boys sat in silence. Zach was straddling Jonah's waist with his head cuddled into his chest. Jonah ran his hands up and down Zach's back to comfort him while tears left his own eyes. He hated that he had to leave his baby, especially since Zach was still in high school and often needed him as a getaway from stress.

"We'll be okay," Jonah whispered.

"Promise?" Zach asked.

"I promise."

Zach pulled his head away from Jonah's chest and connected their lips. The kiss was soft, yet it was filled with so much emotion.

Jonah pulled Zach closer before using his mouth to open Zach's more. He slid his tongue in and explored the mouth that he knew so well.

Zach slowly pulled away and started crying, causing Jonah to frown at the boy and pull his head to his chest.

"Bubba, don't cry. Please don't cry," Jonah whispered. He placed kisses on the top of Zach's head and rubbed his back. "I love you so much bub."

Zach continued crying while he held fist fulls of Jonah's hoodie for comfort. Jonah slowly rocked the chair back and forth and continued rubbing Zach's back.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," Zach cried.

"I know, I'm going to miss you too love," Jonah replied softly.

The front door opened and Jonah's mom walked out onto the porch.

"Hey guys, it's time to go," Carrie said softly. She knew this was a hard day for them, leaving the love of your life wasn't easy.