I'll be okay - Zorbyn

Type: sad kind of
Warnings: none
Wc: 466

🧸✨ get over them, you will be SO much happier

Third person

Zach knew his and Corbyn's relationship was becoming toxic, but he didn't care. He just needed to feel love from the older brunette boy, he didn't care if the feeling was real.

Zach had a long day at work, he came home just wanting love from his boyfriend. As usual, Corbyn was just on the couch watching tv, he had already had dinner, not caring to wait for Zach.

"Hi baby," Zach said as he walked into the house.

"Hey," Corbyn replied plainly. Zach walked into the kitchen to find Corbyn's mess from dinner in the sink. He let out a small sigh before beginning to load the dishwasher. He then washed by hand what couldn't fit in the dishwasher or what wasn't dishwasher safe. When Zach had finally finished cleaning up, he made himself a sandwich for dinner, it was simple and had no clean up required.

The boy ate in silence, the only noise filling his ears being the soft sound of the tv in the living room.

Is this really what my life has become? Zach wondered to himself. He let out another small sigh as he finished his sandwich. It wasn't nearly enough to fill him up but he couldn't be bothered to make something else, the only thing he wanted was to cuddle with Corbyn in bed. Zach wiped the crumbs on the table into his hand then threw them out. He walked over to the stairs but stopped before going up. He turned his body slightly to face Corbyn.

"Goodnight, Corbs," Zach said softly. He didn't expect an answer, he never got one. When Zach didn't get an answer, he just frowned and walked upstairs. He changed out of his work clothes and into a pair of jogging pants and one of Corbyn's t-shirts. He tucked himself under the covers and opened his phone, replying to his mother's texts before setting it back down and plugging it into the charger.

Zach craved Corbyn, he craved his touch, his smile, his caring soul, the glimmer in his eye, the way he used to look at Zach. Key words, used to. Now Corbyn just looks at Zach like he would any other person, just a regular look and if Zach was lucky, he would get Corbyn's friendly smile. Zach didn't want to tell Corbyn that he needed his love that night, he would stay out of his way to keep things simple.

The younger boy knew Corbyn didn't care, he never did. Corbyn didn't care when Zach told him about his promotion last week, or when Zach said his sister graduated high school top of her class. Corbyn never cared, and that was something Zach had gotten used to.

Very used to.

•••
I hate this with my whole heart but I felt the need to update 😅😅
The next chapter is look at me so get ready ;)