Chapter 31.

(Guys in case u haven't read the author's note yet..plz scroll back n read it..has some important information :) so yeah anyways njoy the chapter! :))

Zayn's POV.

"Zayn..Zara.."

I stopped dead in my tracks. It felt as if someone had punched me in the stomach, hard. And my voice was stuck in my throat.

"Za..Zara?", I forced the words out of my mouth.

"Just please come here Zayn!", Sasha screamed with fear.

"Zayn! We gotta go!", Harry said, shaking me at the shoulders.

Without looking at him, I ran down the stairs, faster than I ever had.

I stopped in front of the car ,panting for breath.

I could barely breathe, and it felt I would be choked to death any time.

"Zayn get in!", I heard Harry call out from the passenger seat.

I managed to grasp the door handle and crawled into the driver's seat.

Starting the ignition, I pulled the car out of the parking lot, and rushed to the main road.

Bile was rising up in my throat again and again. And gulping it down again and again, I tried to stay calm.

" Zayn, just relax okay.", I heard Harry from the side.

Without giving any attention to him, I speeded up, driving way beyond the speed limit.

Zara.

Within five minutes, I saw the mall from a distance.

My heart was throbbing under my chest, ready to burst out.

I stopped the car at a distance suddenly, resulting in a shrieking sound on the road.

My eyes went to the crowd gathered outside the mall, and before I could realise, I was rushing towards it.

"Zayn!", I heard Harry from the back.

But all of it seemed to be non-existent. All that I could see was the crowd.

I pushed through the people gathered in a circle to get closer to the center, and a gasp escaped my mouth when I saw who was lying in front of me.

A profusely bleeding, unconscious Zara was lying on the road, with her head in Sasha's lap.

I wanted to call out to her, but words couldn't come out of my mouth, they were stuck in my throat.

It felt as if air had been choked out of my lungs, and I could barely breathe.

Zara.

"Zayn!" , Sasha called out to me from the ground.

She was screaming at the top of her voice, but all of it, people talking in the crowd, Sasha's sobs, all felt like background noises. All I could focus on was Zara, the badly wounded Zara.

"Za...Zara..", a faint voice came out of my mouth, as I fell to my knees in front of her.

My hands travelled to Zara's head and I gently took it to my lap from Sasha's.

"What happened here?", I heard Harry from behind me.

"A Range Rover hit her while she was crossing the road.", I heard an old man's voice from above me.

"Zara..Zara please wake up!..Zara..I'm here see..Zara..", I caressed her cheeks,my voice cracking . Tears were flowing down my face, and I was trying my best not to break down right here. I can't.

"Where's..where's the ambulance! ", I screamed at the top of my voice.

"They'll be here any minute.", the same old voice came from above me.

"I'm calling the police. ", Harry said from above.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, but I could barely care about it.

"Baby..baby please wake up..please!", I screamed.

"They're here!", I heard Harry from behind.

Within a few seconds the attendants took away Zara from my arms and put her on the stretcher.

A silent sob left my mouth as my eyes went to the road.

There was blood, lots and lots of blood.

I looked down at my hands, and a tear went down my cheek seeing it all red. All red in Zara's blood.

"Zayn! You go with Zara in the ambulance. ", I heard Harry shaking me from above.

"Yea...Yeah I'll..I'll go.", I quickly got up from the road and rushed to the ambulance which had already settled Zara in the back, and were giving her some kind of first aid.

I climbed into the back, my entire body shaking with fear.

She's gonna be fine.

She's gonna be absolutely fine.

I tried to explain myself.

Nothing's going to happen to her.

She'll be good.

My hands went up to her clad in blood forehead as the ambulance started, and we were on our way to the hospital.

The ambulance alarm was ringing loudly outside, but I could barely hear it.

Everything seemed to be faded into background.

The only thing I could feel existed was my Zara. My life, my princess, my world, my everything.

....

"She's gonna be fine right?", I asked the doctor who had come running to us after we entered the hospital.

I wiped the tears off my face, and looked up at the doctor, who was checking Zara, waiting for him to answer me.

"Take her to the O.T. right now. I'm coming. ", the doctor ordered the nurse standing next to him.

"Sir! She's gonna be fine right?", I asked him again, louder than before.

"I can't say anything right now, a lot of blood has been lost. I'll tell you when I come back from the operation theatre."

I looked down at Zara for one last time, and a sob escaped my mouth.

Within a second, she was carried off into the operation theatre, which stood to our right.

I bit down the inside of my cheek, trying to hold in my tears, but in vain.

"You're gonna be fine Zara.", I said, more to myself.

The door of the room shut closed, and with that, I sank down to the floor,taking the support of the wall, I brought my knees to my chest.

I sat there, waiting. Waiting for the doctor to come out and tell me she's good, to tell me she's awake.

But not everything you want, comes to you in time.

(Heyy guys! Oh my god i cried so hard while writing this :'( :'(
Zayn :( :( :( m still crying!
Well anyways tell me what do you think abt this chapter...it made me cry so I hope it'll be able to touch u guys too.
Please vote comment and share! Thanku! Xo)